Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 12-21-2007, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who uses any type of luminated knocks ?

Drop, Tell me more about these Easton trasers I have never heard of them, I do use the luminoc because they look good on camera but would like to try the ones you are talking about!! Walt
Old 12-21-2007, 07:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've been seriously considering trying the tracer nocks next year. I like them for several reasons. One, they are activated by a magnet on your riser. There is really no way they can't be activated on the shot unless your arrow blows up, and if that happens you've got bigger problems than your nock not lighting. Two, the go into flash mode and will flash for up to 90 hours. As Drop said that could be a big help in tracking an animal if the arrow is still in it. Three, the batteries are replaceable. With the lumenocks once the battery dies you've got a $10 regular nock.

They are still very expensive, but since you can get target blanks it may be worthwhile to get 3 for hunting. We'll see.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

I just like the added percentage of finding my deer, or any game on a marginal shot or in the swampy cover that I dred !!

Dont get me wrong, I wont be taking poor shots because of tracer knocks, but IF something happens, that illumination will help find the animal or at least give me a direction it was headed after the shot, by either finding the arrow if it didnt pass thru and pops out or by seeing it run in a low light condition.

I think these are definetly a valuable tool for any bow hunter.

You got that right!!!!!!!! Its not like you need a dozen of them! Just get 3 for your hunting set up and replace one as needed!
Old 12-21-2007, 07:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

The only ones i have used so far have been the lumnocks, they performed well until after going through deer, then they decided not to work.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

how do you turn the lighted nucks off been the only thing that keeps me from making the change
Old 12-21-2007, 09:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

how do you turn the lighted nucks off been the only thing that keeps me from making the change
With the Luminoks you twist them out a cat hair and the Tracers I believe you run them past a magnet!
Old 12-21-2007, 02:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

i see also are they worth the money i lost a arrow andbroadhead on one of my misses this year i think i migh mak the change
ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

With the Luminoks you twist them out a cat hair and the Tracers I believe you run them past a magnet!
Old 12-21-2007, 02:24 PM
Spike

i bought a 3 pack of lumenokand only 2 worked .. i liked them ...but they are kinda hard to trun off ... the one i thought i truned off but i left it on just i little bit and next thing i know it was dead.. i'm not going to buy any of them anymore..i think the ones with magnet would be better
Old 12-21-2007, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

I made my own out of thill lights. They are cool and I am great.
Same here.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 8pt~Bowhunter

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

I made my own out of thill lights. They are cool and I am great.
Same here.
I made my own too. They worked perfectly on all four deer I shot this year. They were neat to use.

I probably won't use them next year though. I shoot FOBs with a white wrap. Add up the weight of the FOB, the wrap, and the home made lighted nock, and my FOC is getting lower than I want it to be.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.