Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just wonder what would happen if...

Old 12-20-2007, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Just wonder what would happen if...

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

This is for people that want to hunt near feeders.

HAHAHAHA! That's great! Fran, I think it's plausible with some species, and even possibly whitetails in CERTAIN areas and TIMES. Right now after the orange army has moved through PA, I've seen deer become skittish when other deer are moving through thickets nearby that they can see, but not clearly. They still stand alert for a quite a while watching the other deer, only occasionally breaking glances until that deer or deer(plural) join them. Certain low pressure areas would be ideal, and I would love to try it. I don't care if many of the guys here think it's silly, it would be experience, and hey, if it didn't work, you would have a story to tell for ages
Old 12-20-2007, 04:51 PM
Fork Horn

hmmmmmm?? This could work. Now would i dress up like a deer in the middle of PA gun season? haha I dont think id last more than 20 mins.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

there was somebody on here a couple years ago that tried it dressed as a cow . camoooo flage he called it . i think it worked OK , he just had to watch out for the amorous bull in the field that thought he was kind of a cute
Old 12-20-2007, 05:01 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

Fran,

I don't know if it would work or not....What I DO KNOW is that I'd pay big money to watch you sneaking around a field trying to get close to deer in that horse costume!!!

I'm laughing my arse off right now just thinking about it!
I'm picturing the Easter Bunny hunting turkeys myself. Awesome!
Old 12-20-2007, 05:10 PM
Little Doe Peep

If a bunny suit would work, just think of all the money you would save on scent-lock camo and stuff.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think if you had a realistic looking enough suit, and weren’t scented, you could probably get very close to wildlife. I also wonder if dressing as machinery or farm equipment would work?

As a side note, in crunchy leaves I will try to sound like turkeys. While I walk in I’ll yelp and click & purr. I’ll even go so far as walk, scratch the ground, walk some more. It makes MORE noise, but when you hear turkeys in my woods, they make a RACKET.

Old 12-21-2007, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fran,
I know a fellow who has consistently killed deer on horseback.He has trained the horse to tolerate the shot (rifle) and he claims the deer don't spook even when he is getting quite close to them.
When you do the Bunny suit turkey hunting thing please get in touch with me,I want to witness that first hand.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ive got to agree with Tsoc, my exgirlfriend is big into horses and would always be able to ride right up to deer. The deer would pay no attention to her on horseback.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

here's a print

I don't get this. Why would you try and sneak up on bison in the skin of a predator? I could see them using a bison skin, but a wolf? Makes no sense
Old 12-21-2007, 06:59 AM
Dominant Buck

I hear ya, Danny. That's like going to a bar with a shirt on that reads....

I LIVE IN MY FOLKS' BASEMENT

Kinda shooting yourself in the foot, huh?

Quick Reply: Just wonder what would happen if...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.