Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just wonder what would happen if...

Old 12-20-2007, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Just wonder what would happen if...

Man I'm glad my season isn't over yet. You fellas are REACHIN today!! wow!! hahaha
Old 12-20-2007, 02:42 PM
Site Buck Guru

Man, if you try that in my neck of the woods you could get shot! [:-]

If you do try it here make sure that you wear a big rack!

I'll try and make it quick.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

So, we're up tofour guys (myself, Bry, wideone and Waiting4agift) who think that it's at least PLAUSIBLE - that a guy could dress up as an animal and act the part - and actually get close to certain species of wild animals...

Just me and3 others?

I still don't think it would get you anywhere against a whitetail... At least the ones around here are pretty high strung.

But, I really think it MIGHT work with a turkey who is acclimated toand comfortable around various livestock.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fran, I dont dress up, but I often act the part... sounding like an elk or couple of cattle when I need to exit a stand. Works great and allows me toget away withsome noise sneeking out. I will be trying an antelope decoy next August. A friend of mine in Alberta swears by them when bowhunting lopers.

I used a cow call this past sept to sneak out on the buck I later killed in Oct. IN Sept, he bedded about 100 yards from meone evening. Nearing dark, I had no choice but to get out of that stand and leave.. the wind was right at the time and I didnt want tohave it change and him whifme in there.... I knew I would not get away with any noise without disguising my movement. As I cow called my way out, I spot checked him in my binocs..he perked upinstantlywith my crunching (late summer/ extreme dry forestconditions)footsteps but the cow call kept him bedded. His head was on a swivel but I feel it was the ONLY reason I got away with that particular exit. I've done this many a time with other bucks feeding out in front of me or while sneaking into an area and not wanting to bust other critters. Elk are just flat outnoisy walkers and talkers.. its a good thing they are because most other animals in the forest are tolerant of them. Bellowing like a cow in areas I hunt that cattle frequent has allowed me to get out of a few whitetail jams too.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

This is for people that want to hunt near feeders.

Old 12-20-2007, 03:24 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds good, in theory. However, I for one am not going to dress like a doe during the rut. No way, no how.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

I repeat ....

Old 12-20-2007, 03:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Don't know if trhis has been brought up but didn't the Indians so this with animal skins while hunting Bison?
Old 12-20-2007, 03:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

here's a print

Old 12-20-2007, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Dear Fran;

DUDE...........PUT DOWN THE BONG!

Quick Reply: Just wonder what would happen if...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.