Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Hunter
88.04%
Waiter
11.96%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

What are you?

Old 12-20-2007, 04:54 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-20-2007, 05:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What are you?

i also need a both choice i stalked the area scouted it out hung my own stand but it was my only site i just sit there and waited but if i had a blind or multible stands i would have moved aroudi did not get a deer there but took two shots and missed
Old 12-20-2007, 05:43 PM

I'm kind of both, but more of a waiter due to only having one 500 acre public plot to hunt. I try to preselect 3 spots based on wind direction, food/water source, and human pressure. I have to place my own stand due to regulations and I scout on often. So, I guess I'm more on the hunter side. However, when there are 12+ people hunting the same area, then I become a waiter for them to push the deer to me.

Chris
Old 12-20-2007, 05:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hunt more than wait! I hunt all kinds of areas, the bigger the woods the better!
Old 12-20-2007, 05:51 PM

This year more than before , I was a hunter. In years prior , I usually put stands up before the season. Say 4 or 5 and hunt them in rotation and if the wind dictates.
This year, possibly because the primary area I hunted was new , I put up 4 hang-ons AND used my climber asI scouted during the season. I jumped to the freshest sign I could find. As a result I saw 10x's the deer I usually do in a season. I was always told NOT to scout during the season for fear of educating the deer. I found this to be false. All the in-season scouting was done at midday hours and as scent-free as possible.
I'll use this type of hunting for the 2nd archery season starting Dec. 26th and I think it will work much better w/ the snow that's on the ground.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

It depends on what time of year it is. I get aggressive (hunter)when I think I can. Other times....I think this tactic can hurt my hunting.

So.....I can't answer it one way. I am both.
Great reply. I voted hunter, but mainly because you need to be a hunter in order to be a waiter sometimes.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunter because whenI go out im not gonna pay someone to take me and show me what to do, I also try till i succeed so.

Ryan.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hunter..........
Old 12-21-2007, 07:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

I’m a hunter now. I was taught to be a waiter when I first started. “If you sit in the same spot long enough, eventually one will come by” is what my dad would say. I’ve spent entire seasons hunting out of one single tree. Thank fully I was WAY too impatient for that reasoning to last very long.