Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Big name camo companies going to open patterns?

Old 12-20-2007, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Big name camo companies going to open patterns?

I think you will see some of the larger Camo makers go to this open pattern. What else could they do to keep it interesting for hunters? They will change it up every so often to generated more sales.

Personally, I think camo has become more of a fashion statement than anything these days and in the fashion world everyone knows you must have the latest and greatest styles!!![8D]
Old 12-20-2007, 02:49 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

As long as you don't move, I don't care what kind of camo you're wearing, a deer won't pick you out.
So not true. I have been picked out of the surrounding brush by deer even though I was perfectly motionless and well hidden, so I thought.

Deer know the woods like the back of their hooves and if you stick a human sized black blob in an area that the deer frequent regularly they instantly know that that blob isn't suppose to be there and go on high alert constanly trying to catch you moving.
See, you're wearin' the wrong color..... supposed to wear Tan, brown or even green. A solid color will do....... how much more open can you get??
Old 12-20-2007, 03:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

i think 90% of camo is bull sh*t to make money if a deer is color blind heant gong to car whatshade of green that leaf is or what shade the bark is 10%of the camo is o concealing you shape from a deer and 90% of it is to get you to pay the 50% more for it and ot the next kind
Old 12-20-2007, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks good to me too... If Mossy Oak makes it I'll wear it!!!
Old 12-20-2007, 04:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

I guess I will have to try something different than shadow grass???? I dunno if I can step away from the grass
Old 12-20-2007, 05:04 PM
Host of Hosts

i think 90% of camo is bull sh*t to make money if a deer is color blind heant gong to car whatshade of green that leaf is or what shade the bark is 10%of the camo is o concealing you shape from a deer and 90% of it is to get you to pay the 50% more for it and ot the next kind

HUH?
Old 12-20-2007, 05:08 PM

They have to have sharp contrast as well. Which is why the trebark pattern is effective. It has very good contrast, and I actually view trebark as a semi-open pattern....

Old 12-20-2007, 05:24 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-21-2007, 05:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

So not true. I have been picked out of the surrounding brush by deer even though I was perfectly motionless and well hidden, so I thought.
That is because you didn't use that high-fanootin' spray that kills UV light reflection on your clothes. You thought you were a big dark blob but in truth you were a big, bright blue blob.

Old 12-21-2007, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

25' up a tree early in the season when there is still plenty of cover and at close range, where you are out of their peripheral vision, You can pretty much be a rookie, ware hot pink, Knock your arrow off the rest, mumble cuss words, and still manage to get a shot.

Later in the season things change, your cover is on the ground, deer can spot you much farther away because you are closer to their center of vision. Many other things bring you closer to their center of vision, having to place your stand low, in rolling hills (wrong side of a ridge) and skylighting yourself among other things is where open pattern camo come into play.
Deer dont see the same as we do, but they are far from being blind. Evenif one picks your shape out, the way you make eye contactcan make the diference in if you get a shot or not.

Major camoCo's. coming out with open patterns is kind of a bitter sweet deal. Where the custom camo Co. have catered to the bowhunter with the open patterns and great materials for the bowhunter, I am hopeing these major camo manufactures with their noise, fade in one season open patterns sold at wally world dont put the smaller custom bowhunter oriented guys under.

Quick Reply: Big name camo companies going to open patterns?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.