Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

"In" or "Out"?

Old 12-20-2007, 05:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: "In" or "Out"?

I don't see why some people say that hunting a high fence is bad when the high fence may be 3 or 4 thousand acres. Those same people go out to their "honey hole" that is 40 or so acres where they have patterned the deer and see the same deer day after dayand they think their big man hunter. Whereas a guy who hunts a 3,000 acre high fence area is shooting in a pen. Give me a break.
You seriously don't see the difference?
Old 12-20-2007, 07:50 PM
Typical Buck

So let me get this straight. I can go to a ranch, look at a menu, pick out a appetizer, main course, and a desert. I would then go get dressed. While I was getting dressed, the ranch hand would load up my selections and deliver or "drive" them to a pre-determined hunting "spot". I would then try to kill one of my picks. Now, I'll give you the arguement about patterning and technology today, and blah blah blah how its the same, but give me a break. If you're participating in anything like the scenario that Mauser described, then you are just plain lazy and too rich for your own good. Thats not hunting, and I couldn't care less what arguement you're going to step with. Its amazing that someone would go on that type of trip and be able in good conscience to brag about what he brought home. JMO.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:21 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I'm not starting a debate on high fence hunting.

Old 12-20-2007, 08:23 PM
Typical Buck

Oh, and I like mine with extra butter and some old bay.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I understand there logic and if i could afford it i would too Why not??

Ryan.
Old 12-21-2007, 03:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nevermind... I dont' have the energy for another high fence debate[8D]. Carry on.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:06 AM
Dominant Buck

Dan:

I didn't. I simply asked if people thought it was to keep the animals in.....or the poachers out.

Where it went from there.....I couldn't control.

(My question was sincere)
Old 12-21-2007, 04:56 AM
Fork Horn

I'm going on a Hunt in Texas in March for a Hog and Aoudad. The place is 2500 acre High Fence. I went last year for the first time and didn't kill anything, the animals were very tough to hunt, so I figure the Outfitter must have put the fence up to keep people out, lol, for the critters seemed a lot harder to get an arrow in than my free range whitetail.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can totally agree with someone fencing their land if they are growing huge deer. Theres a lot of time and money put into those animals.On the same note, dont call it huntng...its farming. Fences are there to keep animals in. Predators out? Not so much, they will dig right under.Its like locking your vehicle, it wont keep the real thieves out.

Story time!
About 12 years ago or so....
Theres a man that lives in downtownMontgomery AL. He has a huge yard with a high fence. He has some deer and a few buffalo that he keeps as pets. Well, he used to have a monster of a white tail, I mean this thing was gigantic! Some sob walked up to the fence and blasted it....right in this guys front yard. The poacher was promptly arrested when he tried to have it mounted....everyone within 5 counties knew about this animal.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Dan:

I didn't. I simply asked if people thought it was to keep the animals in.....or the poachers out.

Where it went from there.....I couldn't control.

(My question was sincere)
Jeff .... you, being the popcorn man, knew where it would go ...... your a smart feller

TYhat being said, I LOVE these controversial posts ...... it's the fighter in me, I guess ........ carry on .....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.