Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting "on the Fly"?

Old 12-19-2007, 10:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hunting "on the Fly"?

gut instinct for me, i have learned to relax alot over the years and just get out there and do it. the only thing i worry about is the wind and my stand approach. I never was a dissector just a pike co. hill jack!!!!
Old 12-19-2007, 11:33 PM
Typical Buck

I hunt the wind first and foremost....... sometimes I find myself second guessing my standlocation once I am sitting. I tend to over think thingsbefore I jump in, drives my wife nutz but I like to get it right the first time.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:36 AM
Dominant Buck

Yeah I said 1995....and MEANT 2005. But it was still correct. If I hadn't killed one by 2005......1995 was a SURE bet!
Old 12-20-2007, 05:39 AM
Bartender

LOL

My biggest challange to date is still being patient. I can be in a stand and still thinking about another stand
sometimes I still get down and go to another. It seems bow it is less of a problem then gun season.
I get up to Northern Wisconsin and I cant take it sitting there for long periods of time. The cold does nothelp matters but still. So what I kind of do to help this is have a different stand every day for the 7 days (Sometimes I split the days in half for this) I am up there to keep the scenery fresh and thus far it has worked out pretty good for me.