Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NC only Sunday archery?

Old 12-18-2007, 08:50 PM

Default NC only Sunday archery?

For those of you in normal states, some background may be in order. Sunday hunting with a firearm is prohibited by North Carolina law. The NC Wildlife Resources Commission prohibits all other hunting on Sundays.

H12 Falconry on Sunday

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The proposed 2009 hunting regulations contain a proposal to allow hunting on Sunday only for falconry. This proposal is for the birds. If falconry is permitted then archery should be included. My response to the proposed regulation is below. Anybody else want to hunt on Sunday?
-----------------------------------

Expand Sunday hunting opportunity to include both falconry AND ARCHERY. NC General Statue 103-2 permits hunting on Sunday provided a shotgun, rifle or pistol is not used. Archery and falconry are permitted under the statue and should be permitted.
------------------------------------

Here is the link:
http://ncpaws.org/regulationswebform...Selection.aspx

[/align][/align][/align]
Old 12-18-2007, 08:55 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: NC only Sunday archery?

Good luck. Your link doesn't work for me (I live in NC).
Old 12-19-2007, 02:26 AM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: Clark1

For those of you in normal states, some background may be in order. Sunday hunting with a firearm is prohibited by North Carolina law. The NC Wildlife Resources Commission prohibits all other hunting on Sundays.

H12 Falconry on Sunday

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The proposed 2009 hunting regulations contain a proposal to allow hunting on Sunday only for falconry. This proposal is for the birds. If falconry is permitted then archery should be included. My response to the proposed regulation is below. Anybody else want to hunt on Sunday?
-----------------------------------

Expand Sunday hunting opportunity to include both falconry AND ARCHERY. NC General Statue 103-2 permits hunting on Sunday provided a shotgun, rifle or pistol is not used. Archery and falconry are permitted under the statue and should be permitted.
------------------------------------

Here is the link:
http://ncpaws.org/regulationswebform...Selection.aspx

[/align][/align][/align]
"Pun" intended.......Sorry, couldn't help myself.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

That would be great.I live in NC and the no Sunday hunting thing is hard to get used to. So what's the deal is it gonna change?
Old 12-19-2007, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I live in VA and no Sunday hunting as well. I would LOVE to have Sunday archery hunting, especially when my kids grow up and can hunt with me.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:29 AM

ORIGINAL: LKNCHOPPERS

That would be great.I live in NC and the no Sunday hunting thing is hard to get used to. So what's the deal is it gonna change?
It's only going to change if you step up and change it. Put in a proposal and lobby your representatives. Other states have changed it, you guys can too.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just remember when you do..there goes that mandatory free day. A sanction to spend time with the family or recharging your batteries.

It's a double-edged sword.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the Blue Law. Like Gr8 said, a mandatory day of rest and no worries that a law abiding hunter is out there getting "MY" buck. I also don't hunt on Christmas.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

We are very fortunate here in NC...Bow season opens up about September 8-10th...You may hunt with your bow (or a firearm until January 1st)...
Historically, our limit has been 6 deer a year...Either 2 or 4 bucks depending upon where you live...This year, we have unlimited doe tags and they are free...We don't get snowed in like some states do...Sounds like a pretty good deal to me...

I can't remember a season in the past 20 that I didn't kill my limit of deer, I have killed 8 already this year and will probably take a few more...

How much shorter do you want the season to be???? We will lose part of our season if Sunday hunting is allowed....There are plenty of other things that a guy can do with his Sundays...I spent this past Sunday shooting down mistletoe with my 16 year old daughter, using a .22 pistol....

Frankly, as a land owner, I have enough problems keeping tresspassers off my land the other 6 days out of the week...

The NC Wildlife hired an independent research firm to look into this last year....Most NC hunters voted against it...
Old 12-19-2007, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I think you may be right. I can hunt during the week anyway when it is quieter usually. Keep those unwanted out of my deer that I been growing.

Quick Reply: NC only Sunday archery?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.