Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NC only Sunday archery?

Old 12-20-2007, 05:27 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: NC only Sunday archery?

This is really a referendum about "choice". Many of us NC residents would like the "Choice" to hunt on Sundays if we so choose. I would probably hunt NO MORE than I do, now.

Bob.....What about the guy who takes vacation days from work.....because heants to hunt, more. How did THAT help his family? Shouldn't that time be spent WITH family? If he'd had Sundays.....he could have saved thevacation time for family events/trips.

There are many ways to look at this.....but it all boils down to the state governing usTOO MUCH. What about alll the time being "mandatory family time" for the football; fishing; NASCAR; NBA; Minor League Baseball; Soccer; Golf families?????
Old 12-20-2007, 05:34 AM
Bartender

Yep Jeff all that to and by no means are we complaining about family time it is just we get pulled everyway
especially during the fall it seems.

Sundays are packer games but this year hunting took over and yes I get updates on my cell phone.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:49 AM
Dominant Buck

Maryland law always slayed me. They always come up with the "It's a church day and a day for the family". Yet, you could go to a bar and get blitzed, go to the race track and gamble away the family savings, play 36 holes of golf before lunch, spend a day on the bay with the boys, beer and babes.... but the guy that worked 5 and a half days a week couldn't take his kid hunting. Go figure.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:56 AM
Fork Horn

I'm planning to return to NC in the not so distant futureto retireon my parents farm. I think it would be great to be able to bowhunt on Sunday. Don't get me wrong, I too am a gun hunter, it would just benice to be able to be in the woods when the temperature it just a bit cooler (Sept. & early Oct. can be quite warm) without having to be on the alertfor gun hunters.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:02 AM
Fork Horn

NYchanged its law some years back to allow Sunday hunting and I had the same mixed feelings as some of the others. All I can say now is that I'm really glad we have Sunday hunting. It's another day each week you can hunt, and those add up. Plus, if I choose to do things with the family on Sat, I can always hunt Sunday...

Now, we won't go into how it gets me out of going to church... :-)
Old 12-20-2007, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: c_str

It's another day each week you can hunt, and those add up. Plus, if I choose to do things with the family on Sat, I can always hunt Sunday...
This ismy point too. I want to be able to have the choice of wether I hunt on Sat or Sun. There have been many things that I have declined to be involved with becuase they would interfere with hunting on the weekend.Yes, I know that's my choice. But I don't like going a couple weeks without being in the woods. I get cranky! Just ask myGF!!
Old 12-20-2007, 10:38 AM

ORIGINAL: my7pointmonster

PA took a vote a year or so ago an the hunters here vote against hunting on sunday for whatever reason so it looks like no change for us PA boys...

Ryan
What makes you think it was "the hunters"? Non hunters get to vote too.