Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NC only Sunday archery?

Old 12-19-2007, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NC only Sunday archery?

I think we should also have no fishing on Sundays. I also believe that Huntingnet.com should shut down on Sundays or at least guys that log in for 5+ hours on Sundays should be prohibited from access this site. They should be with their family. Also, people should not be allowed to drive 1 hour to an NFL game, spend 5 hours there, drive another 1 hour home, all the while drinking. Bars should shut down on Sundays as well so people can spend all day at home. I also believe that people should only be allowed to ride their bikes on Sundays and that cars should be put in the garage, not driving 1 day a week sure would help out the environment. Noone should be allowed to play videos games for hours on end on Sundays as they should be spending that time with their family. In fact, anything that detracts from family time or disrupts wildlife at all on Sundays should be prohibited. No scouting, no constructing stands, etc.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:46 PM

NC Wildlife Resources Commission is soliciting comments online and at their public meetings. Their site is http://216.27.49.98/and the porposed regulations at the upper right of the page. So, if you want to hunt...

NCHawkEye,
Not saying I'm jeslous, but I'm 0-25 hunts this year. Some of us need more opportunities than others.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nchawkeye

The NC Wildlife hired an independent research firm to look into this last year....Most NC hunters voted against it...
Yeahbut I'm not surehow many actual "hunters" they got to vote for that. I was at the Dixie Deer Classic twice this year and they had a booth set up to sign a petition to change the law to send in to the legislature. There was a long line to sign it every time I went by it. Of course I signed it.

I agree that a day of rest is in order but there areseveral times when commitments take up an entire Saturday. Before the time change it is much easier to hunt during the week. Once daylight savings time kicks in,manyof us arestuck with being weekend only hunters. If we have obligations on Saturday and thencan't hunt on Sunday, then that's 2 weeks of the season gone. That's a long time, for me, to not be able to hunt. Yes I know we have a VERY liberal season/bag limits here in NC. But I think it should be up to the individual as to whether wedecide to hunt on Sunday, not the legislature.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

LOL Virginiashadow! I agree with you. There is talk of allowing hunting in MA and I hope it passes. For some of us, like myself, we cannot hunt during the week do to work. Therefore, I am left with only Saturdays to hunt. The season goes by real quick with those circumstances.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:00 PM

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

I think we should also have no fishing on Sundays. I also believe that Huntingnet.com should shut down on Sundays or at least guys that log in for 5+ hours on Sundays should be prohibited from access this site. They should be with their family. Also, people should not be allowed to drive 1 hour to an NFL game, spend 5 hours there, drive another 1 hour home, all the while drinking. Bars should shut down on Sundays as well so people can spend all day at home. I also believe that people should only be allowed to ride their bikes on Sundays and that cars should be put in the garage, not driving 1 day a week sure would help out the environment. Noone should be allowed to play videos games for hours on end on Sundays as they should be spending that time with their family. In fact, anything that detracts from family time or disrupts wildlife at all on Sundays should be prohibited. No scouting, no constructing stands, etc.
Amen!

There's enough gov't. intervention in our lives. It should be a personal decision, not a regulation!
Old 12-19-2007, 10:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

The most important aspect of this issue is:

When you prohibit hunting on Sunday, you eliminate almost half of the opportunities for kids to hunt without missing school.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

PA took a vote a year or so ago an the hunters here vote against hunting on sunday for whatever reason so it looks like no change for us PA boys...

Ryan
Old 12-20-2007, 05:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: kwilson16

The most important aspect of this issue is:

When you prohibit hunting on Sunday, you eliminate almost half of the opportunities for kids to hunt without missing school.

And if you allow it, you take 1 day when they could be doing thier home-work away!

Old 12-20-2007, 05:21 AM
Bartender

Bob they have plenty of time for homework on the weekends. My sons get home Friday knock out the homework then they have the whole weekend. Sunday hunting here anyways will be a great time to get out and squirrel hunt when he is old enough next season. The days are also shorter in the fall (They get home 3:45 pm)so Sundays work perfect. Saturdays they are busy with sports mainly indoor soccer and I work saturday nights so it works for me on Sundays.

peace
Old 12-20-2007, 05:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Fraley..sometimes replies are just to get others thinking outside the narrow box of what serves them best. I mean what do I really care what they do in NC.

Sunday Hunting has pitfalls..just like it has plus's

Quick Reply: NC only Sunday archery?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.