Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Biggest buck of my life...(No Luck Tonight)

Old 12-19-2007, 05:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Biggest buck of my life...

WOW toobad....sounds like the guy who passed on the 200" cuz he had no camera man..Apparently he has never seen it again ??
Old 12-19-2007, 05:41 AM
Bartender

Good Luck Mike hope you wack him!
Old 12-19-2007, 05:53 AM
Dominant Buck

MIchael:

I didn't read the whole write-up.....but I HAVE to ask.....

If you don't have a cameraman.....and you're not going to shoot without one......WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THE TREE WITH A BOW?

Old 12-19-2007, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wish you good luck getting another opportunity at him! Personally if I drew on a buck like that and settled in with the only reason not to shoot being camera light the arrow would be on it's way.You were true to your intentions and that is what matters.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good to hear that you saw one that big! Good Luck seeing him again. Hopefully he's on a late season pattern, hitting that food plot...
Old 12-19-2007, 07:09 AM

Hunsucker, you have balls the size of Texas!!! That's is too cool, man I hope you arrow that buck and put an end to all that would of, could of, should of stuff. That is a great deer and I would love to see it be arrowed on film. But I wouldn't do that again, next left it fly even if the lighting isn't right. You will always be able to hunt again for another buck on film, bucks like that don't walk by everyday, close the deal on him and show us when you do!!
Old 12-19-2007, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GregH

You passed up the biggest buck of your life because of a camera shot!!??

You know that after the shot and recovering the buck you can turn the light on the camera. It's been done before.

Not trying to be rude, but I don't get it, you either love filming deer more than killing them (nothing wrong with that) or you are getting paid for the camera shots which makes this your job? (nothing wrong with that either)

Whatever, it's a great buck and I hope you get another chance at him with good camera light.
Im very dedicated to the camera and when i have a buck of a lifetime in my area, i just want tohave a memory like that laid down on tape to remember!

It was the hardest decision i have ever made, but i think it is the right one. Hopefully he steps out a little earlier tonight.

Im praying for cold weather! I mean COLD!
Old 12-19-2007, 07:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

I just found my reason NOT to film my hunts. No way I could pass on that deer.
John this is where you and I really agree. I have nothing against folks who do so. Hunting is very personel to me. It's a dance between me and the deer. I really can not explain it, but I have no desire to share the encounters I have with a whitetail on film.

For those who do it, I admire your dedication to your craft. Hunsucker that is a great deer
Old 12-19-2007, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

WOW toobad....sounds like the guy who passed on the 200" cuz he had no camera man..Apparently he has never seen it again ??
This deer was a great deer, but he is no 200" deer. He was right on the border of me shooting him or not. Trust me, if he was 200" he would be dead!
Old 12-19-2007, 07:47 AM

I would love to film my hunts, what a way to keep the memories alive for your children and buddys.

Quick Reply: Biggest buck of my life...(No Luck Tonight)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.