Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fellow Bowhunter Killed by Poacher(Update pg.6)

Old 12-18-2007, 02:01 PM
Little Doe Peep

Default RE: Fellow Bowhunter Killed by Poacher

Falling out of your tree stand is a hunting accident. Shooting someone else while hunting is not an accident. I don't care if you didn't mean to kill someone.

Such lack of care for someone else's life should carry a long prison term.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Horrible loss, what a shame.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am sure they will find this truck or one of the people in it will come forward if they are not cowards. This is horrible and should have never happened. However people are people and we all make mistakes. Some mistakes are much more damaging than others such as in this case. Prayers for the family and friends.

Old 12-18-2007, 02:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Juat a horrible tragedy. Condolences to the family, and hopes that the authorities catch the scumbag. 4 people in the truck, they ain't all going to be able to keep that silent.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:08 PM
Dominant Buck

That is a shame. It's the primary reason we have a law that statesyou should never shoot from a highway, vehicle etc. Goes back to the old hunter safety ethics of be sure of your target and what's beyond. There's no way you can drive down a road, see something, stop and take a whack at it and know what's going on. Many years ago in Georgia I had a similar thing happen. I was hunting private ground and was back off the road in some pines about 100 yards. There were a couple fields across the road where I couldn't hunt. The deer traveled a brushy hedgerow between the fields coming into my pines. I saw 4 does coming from across the road. There was a little rise about 50 yards in front of me half way to the road. These does were milling around munching mushrooms when this car comes down. I already am in a shooting mode thinking a buck may be tagging along. The car stops with the does directly between me and them. Out the window comes a gun. BLAM.....Having not too long before returned from my second tour in Vietnam of course the first thing and really only thing that registers is the bull whip SNAP of the bullet going by. I simply raised my gun barrell a little and responded somewhere over the truck. They were gone in a hail of gravel scratching and spinning of tires. I have no idea how close it came, but it was close enough for SNAP. Of course they never knew I was there until I returned fire. That's why we have the law. An absolute shame that a deer.... or in this case a darn goose is worth that much to someone to endanger a life and risk loosing the vehicle, weapons and freedom. A damn goose no less.[:@][:@]
Old 12-18-2007, 04:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Iread it already. People have no idea what a sensless act can cost. It took us eight and a half years to have my oldest daughter. Fewpeople can understand how much she means to me. This boy was someone's baby and he was taken for a ... goose. Just no words to express how sensless it all realy is.

My baby came close recently to being taken by a sensless semi driver. Very grateful the Good Lord spared me the pain.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's a terrible tragedy and my wife and I's thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends.

He looks like a good kid too.. what a shame..
Old 12-18-2007, 05:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

That really sucks, i hope they find those responsable, sounds like he was a great young man.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

That is the second one this year that this happened to! Damn poachers need to be hung for this BS!!!
Old 12-18-2007, 06:10 PM

We can only pray that they man that shot him will be found and the young man is saved. My prayers will be with the friends and family of this young man.

Quick Reply: Fellow Bowhunter Killed by Poacher(Update pg.6)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.