Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fellow Bowhunter Killed by Poacher(Update pg.6)

Old 12-18-2007, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Fellow Bowhunter Killed by Poacher

How stupid and irresponsible can you be! In addition to being illegal, it's not like it isn't easy to pick
out people dressed as goose decoys. It reminds me of the guy that shot at the deer decoy 7 times
from less than 100 yards and it didn't move. The shooter should be sterilized on account of stupidity.

Due to the illegality of his conduct at the time, in my state it could possibly be negligent homicide
and he could get a sentence of 3-5 years or so.

This is not a typical hunting accident. Although it is a "mistake" in that he didn't mean to kill
someone, it is one that was made recklessly, callously, and in violation of 3-4 different laws, so I think
there is probably a criminal charge for this similar to killing someone (unintentionally) while drunk driving.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

It shouldn't be a hunting accident, it should be considered a murder. Prison for life![:@]
Condolences to the family...
Old 12-18-2007, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Prayers sent to the family and friends[&o]

They need to find not just the guy that pulled the trigger, but all three of them and give 'em what they deserve[:@]
Old 12-18-2007, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sad
Old 12-18-2007, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

first thing that runs through my head is this sounds like a smaller town(could be wrong) but if it is a small town how many trucks can have a red cab an orange bed???? i live in a small town an u pretty much no who drives what.... u would think for sure someone would know a old red an orange pickup??????????????????????
Old 12-18-2007, 01:16 PM

Everybody calm down. Its not murder. It negligent homicide or possibly manslaughter. To be considered murder there must be intent. In other words the guy shooting the rifle had to know that there was a kid in there and decided to kill him. Not that it matters one iota.

For all of those who yelled to string them up.... Ask yourself this: "have you ever been tempted to shoot at something from a truck?" Have you ever been driving down the road and see a big buck, or monster tom turkey and thought about shooting it? Just remember that us humans are flawed, and we make mistakes. "judge not, less ye be judged"

I'm not condoneing what they done. Its horrible and senseless. I feel horrible for the family and my prayers go out to them. I certainly hope that the offender comes forward.

I'll tell you one thing after reading this story, The next time that I shoot at something I'll think twice about it. Remember folks, the first rule is: "to always be certain of your target and the background"
Old 12-18-2007, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MdDave

first thing that runs through my head is this sounds like a smaller town(could be wrong) but if it is a small town how many trucks can have a red cab an orange bed???? i live in a small town an u pretty much no who drives what.... u would think for sure someone would know a old red an orange pickup??????????????????????
It is a small town, but supposevily the truck had license tags from Shawnee Co. (Topeka).... Which a lot of people live in.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:46 PM

I'm speechless...
I could only hope their guilt will get the better of them and they'll turn themselves in.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:49 PM
Dominant Buck

I can only thank God that no one was killed.....in all of the stupid things I did as a younger man.

I wish peace for theyoung man'sfamily.....and PROPER justice for the person who shot him.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wow, Joey... I can't even begin to describe the roller coaster of emotions I'm riding after reading that press release... Anger, sadness, grief... amazing.

I hope the truck leaving the scene slowly means the shooter saw the result of his despicable actions and he has to live with himself now.

Quick Reply: Fellow Bowhunter Killed by Poacher(Update pg.6)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.