Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!

Old 12-18-2007, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!

BWA HA HA HA HA.... BWA HA HA HA.... SNIFF SNIFF ....

For heavens sake!
Old 12-18-2007, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I am not going to bash the hunting industry because I myself do buy alot of things that are hunting related. The only thing that I question is that you cannot sell the deer meat that you harvest here in Iowa. Not that there isn't a huge demand from our Vietnamese population but yet outfitters can sell hunts to take these same deer. Maybe it isn't the same thing but how is it so much different than selling meat than selling hunts for the same deer we cannot sell kinda seems like the same thing to me. As for me I wouldn't sell any of the deer that I take because I enjoy it way to much for that. Just what I am thinking.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:43 AM
Fork Horn

I agree with you that the "pro staffers" should be thankful for us. Just like any sports athlete, they are no different. Just like GR8atta2D stated, try buying a good quality driver these days. Thanks to Tiger, that is not possible for under $6-700. Try playing a round of golf for under $75... It is crazy, but it is life. As much as you dislike it you cannot tell me that if ESP* called you and wanted to promote you and your hunts & pay you big $ that you would turn them down!
Old 12-18-2007, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: eswany

I agree with you that the "pro staffers" should be thankful for us. Just like any sports athlete, they are no different. Just like GR8atta2D stated, try buying a good quality driver these days. Thanks to Tiger, that is not possible for under $6-700. Try playing a round of golf for under $75... It is crazy, but it is life. As much as you dislike it you cannot tell me that if ESP* called you and wanted to promote you and your hunts & pay you big $ that you would turn them down!
I don't agree. You can buy a driver for $50 that will allow you to play a pretty darn good round of golf (if you are any good). You can buy a bow for under $300 that will kill deer every year (if you are any good). You don't need the fancy, expensive stuff. You THINK you need it because the TV and magazines tell you it is necessary. Take ScentLok, for example (yeah, go ahead and blast me), I know guys that kill deer every year in their Carhartts (the same ones they fed the cows in earlier in the morning).

I can buy a refurbished Playstation II for around $100 and my kids would have a blast with it. I could also buy a $500 Playstation 3. Would my kids have five times as much fun? Probably not. My point is, there is a HUGE difference between need and want.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Old 12-18-2007, 07:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Amen Gundeck.

If you buy your gear when it's clearanced and take reasonable care of it you don't need to buy more every year. Once you have the basics the rest is just the latest geewhizbang gimmick that probably doesn't work anyway. Absolutely no product will make you a better hunter, only learning and experience will. It's easy to take cheap shots at people who had the gumption to go after what makes them happy when you don't happen to be one of them.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: iowabob85

Well I am not going to bash the hunting industry because I myself do buy alot of things that are hunting related. The only thing that I question is that you cannot sell the deer meat that you harvest here in Iowa. Not that there isn't a huge demand from our Vietnamese population but yet outfitters can sell hunts to take these same deer. Maybe it isn't the same thing but how is it so much different than selling meat than selling hunts for the same deer we cannot sell kinda seems like the same thing to me. As for me I wouldn't sell any of the deer that I take because I enjoy it way to much for that. Just what I am thinking.
I think thats an FDA thing.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Absolutely no product will make you a better hunter,

So you're still making bows and arrows out of trees and making broadheads from stone?

You hunt in loin cloth ??

Let's not go from one extreme to the other....
Old 12-18-2007, 07:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

My question is this:
What isn't becoming a rich man's sport/activity/hobby?
Old 12-18-2007, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

What you are seeing is the dark side to a prosperous nation. When people have expendable income, some will not use it as wisely as others and someone else will always be thinking of ways to get that money. (Not that I am condemning the Free Market system, or the Nation's wealth, there are downsides to every system of society and this one is the best despite problems.) We spend more on dogfood then some countries total budget. We love our recreation and are willing to spend money on it. On the upside it allows a lot of people to provide for their families, not just the "Stars" either; the factory worker, the delivery guy, the engineer, envelope stuffer, videographer, marketing agent, etc. For every star we envy/despise there's probably hundreds of "little people", average joes, that are making a living supporting him and selling his goods. Average joes with families that want clothes, food, a nice house and other nice things in life. So if in order to allow a lot of people to have a good life we need to put up with a few conceited "stars", I say the price is small. Is the glass half empty or full? Don't grouse about the negative, look for the positive.

Quick Reply: ***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.