Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

whats boots to buy

Old 12-17-2007, 06:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: whats boots to buy

I just bought the Cabelas INFERNOS... light weight.. 2000 grams.. would be easy to hike in too in extreme cold or snowmobile.. outside of sitting all day.. It was warm here this weekend around 28-32 so I couldnt really test them but should be able to when I go to ND.
That'll make two of us who've just bought those after this week, Troy... Here's a post I made in the Gear Review forum last week:

My feet got JUST cold enough this year a few times so far that I'll be finishing the season out in these after next week... 2,000 grams of Thinsulate. Cabela's "Inferno" boot -- rated to minus 140.

Old 12-17-2007, 07:02 PM

ORIGINAL: shed33

I just bought the Cabelas INFERNOS... light weight.. 2000 grams.. would be easy to hike in too in extreme cold or snowmobile.. outside of sitting all day.. It was warm here this weekend around 28-32 so I couldnt really test them but should be able to when I go to ND.
Troy or Greg, did you try on the Cabela's Predator Extremes? They only have 1400 grams of thinsualte, but they are extremely warm. In fact, they are rated for colder temps than the Infernos with 2000 grams of thinsulate.

I'm curious how these boots fit compared to the Predator Extremes. They look a little less bulky, but are they as warm?

Old 12-17-2007, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

This could be the best $60-70 you'll ever spend if you hunt in cold temps. Mickey Mouse Army isuue cold weather boots.

Charlie P is spot on, warmest boots I've ever owned, feet never get cold. And I live in a state that tends to get "chilly"Wear them ice fishing the most.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

what will a heavy insulated boot dor to your feet and sweating in warmer weather like say 60 degrees or should i look at getting a cheap uninsulated boot for warmer weather
Old 12-17-2007, 07:19 PM

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

what will a heavy insulated boot dor to your feet and sweating in warmer weather like say 60 degrees or should i look at getting a cheap uninsulated boot for warmer weather
If you can, I would get two pairs. One for warmer weather and one for cold as hell weather.

I have yet to find a boot that will work the entire season.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

well if i had my choice i would buy the cooled as hell boots i used my extra teenashoes and i froze and had to cut alot of hunts short
Old 12-17-2007, 07:27 PM

You can get some great pac boots on sale right now at Cabelas without breaking the bank....plus have some jing left over for a pair of lighter boots.....uninsulated-800 grams.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dan, I don't remember looking at the ones you mentioned... I haven't pulled the trigger yet as I'm waiting for $1,000 to be dumped onto my Rewards card from my company (good at Bass Pro and Cabelas, among others ). I'll check out the ones you mentioned... though I do think it's going to be hard to get past the sound of having 2,000 grams of Thinsulate wrapped around my feet while on stand in December!
Old 12-17-2007, 08:30 PM

I'm def. going to be looking at those Cabela Infernos, i almost bought a $200 pair of Lacrosse boots with the same thinsulate.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

though I do think it's going to be hard to get past the sound of having 2,000 grams of Thinsulate wrapped around my feet while on stand in December!
One thing I recommend is not to get too caught up on the ammount of Thinsulate......unless you actually try them on. I bought a pair of boots at Cabelas on my way to SK last year that had 1600 grams of thinsulate. I wore them one day and my feet froze.....my 800 gram Rockys were much warmer. Needless to say, they got returned on my way home.

There's a lot more to a boot being warm than the ammount of Thinsulate it has.

Quick Reply: whats boots to buy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.