Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New idea for my "Unhuntable Spot".

Old 12-16-2007, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default New idea for my "Unhuntable Spot".

Just watched em doit on TV, I have a broomsage sappling thicket in my hunting land that the deer absolutley terrorize i dont remeber a time ive been in there and not jumped up a deer. So heres my idea, there are some tall pines in this "sanctuary",if you will, but no way to hang any kind of stand. at least not in a way i would be sastified. So on Buckmaster's(hence the name) they used an old telephone pole to hang a stand.

what say ya'll?
Old 12-16-2007, 08:11 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: New idea for my "Unhuntable Spot".

Too much work and effort for something that very well may end up 10 yard from where it should be.There are options Grasshopper. You just aren't looking at it in the right way.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:16 PM
Fork Horn

if no trees why not try a ground blind , or find the main trail and lay brush down to funnel them toward your set up just a few ideas always a way to play the game
Old 12-16-2007, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

This thread will die before i can get any pics but ill try to get some of the area and show yall. A ground blind May work but not exactly where i want is, This area is a broomsage floor with lots of 1-3" sapplings thats are not very tall but tall enough where a ground blind wouldnt work. and it has a few tall pines almost asif they were plant as windbreaks back in the day. oh and not to mention you definally needs some snag proof clothing[:@]
Old 12-16-2007, 08:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

How big of an area is this?

Is there anyway you can sit up on an edge, and get in a stand to look into it.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gosh its so hard to explain its bout a 5 acre piece. I gonna have to get a second opinion somehow, maybe you or Jeff can swing by after a shoot and take a look. i have an arial but it does no good.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff knows his stuff pretty well, regardless of what everyone says about him .

How big is the property as a whole?
Old 12-16-2007, 08:35 PM
Dominant Buck

Well first of all, don't crowd them. Secondly, I don't understand why you can't hang, put up a ladder or something in one of these pines if they're in the right spot.

P.S. Don't crowd them.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:40 PM
Site Buck Guru

Tri-pods are portable.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

here you go roughly 100 acres of an old airport, flat fields, its .6 of a mile all the away accross on one end. the area enclosed in the blue is the spot im talking about that area is pretty untouched but they cross accross the slim part of the field and i have a stand there, but lots of times they dont they go into the other side that i cant hunt. see the gap between the star(my house) and the blue line? That is the sanctuary, they wont let nooone touch there land, hateful bunch.

Quick Reply: New idea for my "Unhuntable Spot".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.