Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

selecting a Stabalizer?

Old 12-16-2007, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default selecting a Stabalizer?

How do you guys go about choosing a stabalizer?? Ive seen robs and his is like 16 inches or something.... and ive seen some at my pro shop wich are pushing an inch!!?? How does that work, how do you decide I have a Sims' Scoil right now but that fuse is looking durn tempting... I like the one rob has.

Ryan.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:12 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: selecting a Stabalizer?

I like the fuse, too. But I think it's 10.5" (It's the same one Rob has on his Allegiance)....except in camo.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:14 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-16-2007, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'll be shooting a black one just like Jeff and Rob's next season. I shot a Elite Hunter Modular by limbsaver this past year and I liked it alot. I think it's close to the same length as the Axium.

That's when I still had the HHA too.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

16" for a hunting bow is too long. It should be as compact as possible while still being functional.

A stab should tip your bow foward ever so slightly when holding in out, not drawn.

When drawn, it should aid in stabalizing, obviously. I haveHi-Tek 9''

General rule of thumb is 10" and less for a hunting bow.

I have a Fuse tip that I might actually attatch to teh tip of my Hi-Tek, as the threads are already there from the factory.

I have yet to find a situation where my long bow/ long stabilizer got in the way. I think the whole, "that would be hard to manuver in a treestand" is severely overrated. I shot a 36" ata bow this past year and about a 11" stab too, as you can see in the picture. I hunted out of a stand, and stilll hunted alot. It never became an issue.

And I think the long stabilizer that everyone has seen Rob use, isn't his hunting stabilizer. He hunts with one like Jeffs, and like the one I'm going with for next year.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Ive seen robs and his is like 16 inches or something...
LMAO, It's a 10" Fuse.

Before it, I used and still have a 12" Super Stix

Old 12-16-2007, 08:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

IMO stabilizers on a hunting rig are WAY overrated. Especially on a nice dead shock, already quiet bow. Some louder bows benefit from a decent shock absorbing stabilizer. For me I just have an S coil, cheap & small.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:12 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

IMO stabilizers on a hunting rig are WAY overrated. Especially on a nice dead shock, already quiet bow. Some louder bows benefit from a decent shock absorbing stabilizer. For me I just have an S coil, cheap & small.
x2

I just use a small rubber dampener to help with noise. The bow feels fine and shoots well, I didn't see the need for any additional "stuff" hanging off of it.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

you got that bow looking good Big J.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Is there still a law on max length of these stabilizers or not? Its been many years since I shot compound.

Quick Reply: selecting a Stabalizer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.