Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

to young

Old 12-16-2007, 11:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default to young

my wife and i are 23 and haveing trouble picking up more hunting land around home and i think it is because we are young witch i cant blame them for saying no if i had soom kids comeing up that i didnt know and asking to hunt my land i would have a hard time saying yes as well
Old 12-16-2007, 11:48 AM

Default RE: to young

I don't think 23 is that young. Unless you act like a punk kid or dress like some odd ball with weird hair and peircing all over your face I don't know how they would know.

23 is mid twenties and your married, doesn't sound that young to me really. Keep trying. Most people want to lease land now. I think that is more your problem than your age.

Paul
Old 12-16-2007, 11:48 AM
Fork Horn

Try showing at working time and just helping them out with the work. Don't even talk about hunting. Tell them you just love to help people work. After you get to know them and they you then ask about hunting. It works in the south.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

i agree when i was in KY and NC i would never let someone hunt my land but never had one ask either but did have some trespassers and help catch one in NC on a neighbors land

but this year a guy i had give me a roof estimate who is like 28 told me i could hunt his 40 acres and i did

i am 23 after tis year and hunting his land when get some land of my own in the next few years i might be up for letting some people hunt it

but i will be picky

you just need to show the land owners you are responsible and offer to help with there land
Old 12-16-2007, 12:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Do you go together? I would think if the wife did alot of the talking and both of you being professional it might help open some land.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

i agree no man can say no to a good looking woman smiling at them
ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Do you go together? I would think if the wife did alot of the talking and both of you being professional it might help open some land.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

i would def. bring the wife
Old 12-16-2007, 07:41 PM
Fork Horn

yeah i think this summer ill take her with me and have her put very little on lol the things we would have our wifes do so we could hut
Old 12-16-2007, 07:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: bowhunter1984

yeah i think this summer ill take her with me and have her put very little on lol the things we would have our wifes do so we could hut
No, no now you both have to dress professional.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:46 PM

Dress nice.....leave the camo at home and go as a couple.

Quick Reply: to young

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.