Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2008 Upgrades?

Old 12-16-2007, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 2008 Upgrades?

I'd like to get a climber. I've been looking at the Summit 180 max. Also would like to get a new trail camera.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator

Most likely a new dozen A/C Superslim shafts, then fletch them with Blazers.

New bow.....hopefully but I don't know yet, got a lot of other needs first.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:35 AM

Not really an "upgrade" but I got a new bow and new arrows.

'08 Vectrix Plus
Maxima Hunter arrows

I plan on getting a suit of the new Enigma G2 as well. Of course, this is subject to change after I return from the ATA show.....Who knows what I'll find there that I can't live without..
Old 12-16-2007, 10:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mobow

'08 Vectrix Plus
Maxima Hunter arrows

I plan on getting a suit of the new Enigma G2 as well. Of course, this is subject to change after I return from the ATA show.....Who knows what I'll find there that I can't live without..
You went with Maxima Hunters? I thought you wanted some of the KV's?
Old 12-16-2007, 10:40 AM

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

'08 Vectrix Plus
Maxima Hunter arrows

Thought about it, they're too heavy for my set up. If I could have been convinced to buy an Elite bow, I would have. I shot them all the other day......No thanks. My thinking was to shoot the Elite GTO with like a 425+ grain arrow around 320 fps....that would have been just about enough KE to shoot through an oak tree....
Old 12-16-2007, 10:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

'08 Vectrix Plus
Maxima Hunter arrows

Thought about it, they're too heavy for my set up. If I could have been convinced to buy an Elite bow, I would have. I shot them all the other day......No thanks. My thinking was to shoot the Elite GTO with like a 425+ grain arrow around 320 fps....that would have been just about enough KE to shoot through an oak tree....

Check out these GTO numbers.
400 gr = 332 fps
450 gr = 314 fps
495 gr = 300 fps
750 gr = 247 fps

at 70# and 30"

This is a test Kevin at Elite did, with some heavier setups. Run the KE numbers on the 750gr arrow

I'm still not sure that I'm going to shoot the Victory arrows.

But I was running some numbers, because I plan on shooting outdoor 3D with this bow when I get it, but I'm going to have to shoot a 440 ish gr arrow to get the bow under 288 at #50 and 28.75" draw [8D]

Old 12-16-2007, 10:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm getting a couple of new climbers and probably going to buy the DXT. Not sure about that yet because I will have a hard time retiering my Switchback. You see guys come on here saying how good their bows are but get rid of them the next season when the NEW BEST BOW EVER comes out. The Switchback is the best Hunting bow I have owned so far but I like the size of the DXT for climbing stands. Will see, I'll prpbably just keep that junk Switchback another year.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Matt

Why would you shoot a "Speed" bow for a speed restricted venue format?
Old 12-16-2007, 10:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well buckeye, I'm hoping it's going to be a real shooter. If not though, I'm still debating whether or not I want to keep my Vectrix XL. I'm getting the GTO for a hunting bow, though. I really wanted to get the Synergy Extreme XL for target, but being a lefty it really put a retriction on that, because they aren't going to make them available in left hand.

I'm not getting it just to shoot outdoor 3D, I'm just hoping it's going to shoot well enough that I can get rid of my Vectrix and use the GTO. We'll see though.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

I guess the main reason is, if I feel confident enough to shoot it for outdoor, I can sell my Vectrix and not really have to pay much for the GTO. If I end up keeping the Hoyt, I'll have to fork out another wad of cash for the GTO.

Quick Reply: 2008 Upgrades?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.