Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 12-15-2007, 08:42 PM

Default RE: New Jersey BRUISERS !!!!

ORIGINAL: nvshooter

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

Nice bucks. NV I have seen plenty of big bucks killed in NY this year.
Yeah there are some big bucks killed in New York, but there would be alot more if they were given a chance to grow. Compare the number of nice bucks killed on here from Pennsylvania vs NY. The antlers restrictions there are giving the deer a chance to mature.

You should go to PA yourself and talk to many of the guys out pounding the state lands..........you might discover the real truth.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

There are many great bucks now being taken from public land here in PA, more than ever before. Is that the truth you were looking for? I've been shocked at the mature bucks I've seen taken, shocked. AR's are working fantastic and those who say they are not, just don't put the time in. As you know, mature bucks are smarter, you just don't stumble on them.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

If everyone passed on young bucks we would only have mature bucks walking around. Then we would never be able to hear people complain about others shooting young bucks and not letting them grow. Big problem IMO
Old 12-16-2007, 07:04 AM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

There are many great bucks now being taken from public land here in PA, more than ever before. Is that the truth you were looking for?
I wasn't looking for any truth at all...........just visiting a friend in PA this year and talked to his family and an Elks club full of locals about hunting. They did not share your opinion. That is why I ran the poll here to see how many bucks were being killed on public vs private......the results were nearly 2:1 for private, exactly what I expected based on my conversations in PA.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:14 AM
Dominant Buck

Telling other people what they "should" feel gives me the creeps.
I wholeheartedly agree, Atlas. People ought to be able to have and express their own opinions and beliefs without worrying about how others do it. We shouldn't force our personal views on anyone.

Sounds great....if EVERYONE would practice what they preached!
Old 12-16-2007, 07:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

You should go to PA yourself and talk to many of the guys out pounding the state lands..........you might discover the real truth.
So what truth did you want to point out to nvshooter? Correct me if I'm mistaken as I know you will but it seems you were pushing your friends opinion on him about AR's not working here PA when that couldn't be farther from the truth. They are working.

Growing up in PA and with our numbers it's quite obvious to me that 2:1 would be what you come up with. Actually I'm surprised it's not more towards private however, that doesn't reflect the abundance of mature bucks that are now coming off those public lands. Your friends you visited don't share my opinion, that's fine, actually it's not my opinion, it's what I'm seeing, in newspapers, archery shops, taxidermy shops, messageboards etc...just go over to HuntingPA and see the success photos. They list many that are shot on public land and I'm impressed. Sorry your friends didn't do so well but that doesn't exactly reflect the truth.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:49 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Telling other people what they "should" feel gives me the creeps.
I wholeheartedly agree, Atlas. People ought to be able to have and express their own opinions and beliefs without worrying about how others do it. We shouldn't force our personal views on anyone.

Did I say something about anyone's feelings??

Sounds great....if EVERYONE would practice what they preached!

Coming from the biggest hypocrit I know..........that is priceless!!!!
Old 12-16-2007, 07:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Jesus....I can't even agree with you....lol.

People shouldn't get their panties in a wad about how others do it....wanna do it....or feel about it. We shouldn't be telling each other how to hunt......or make fun of others for what they shoot OR their weapon of choice.

It's OK.....really. I was agreeing.....and "I'm" a hypocrit????

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-16-2007, 07:57 AM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

So what truth did you want to point out to nvshooter?
That the guys I spoke to first hand did not paint such a rosey picture about PA state forest hunting. That's all

Correct me if I'm mistaken as I know you will but it seems you were pushing your friends opinion on him about AR's not working here PA when that couldn't be farther from the truth. They are working.
It wasn't my friend..........it was my friend, his 2 brothers, and about 50 other guys who I spoke to at another home and the Elks club we stopped in to have a few pops.

When did I say AR's aren't working??

Sorry your friends didn't do so well but that doesn't exactly reflect the truth.

So they were lying??............Why would you say what they saw and experienced is not the truth?? What else could it be??

Because your perception is different means yours is the truth??

Weird logic.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:59 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

"I'm" a hypocrit????

Yes.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.