Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I'm not as dedicated

Old 12-17-2007, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I'm not as dedicated

I just hope that she gave you your testicles back in time to go to work today.......
Old 12-17-2007, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ouch, you guys are relentless. Leave the guy alone so he can recover some of his pride....before he starts the ironing!
Old 12-17-2007, 08:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great post, hunter 59.Easy to think you sound like a tough guy when in reality those of us who work at having a great marriage understand it's the opposite that makes you a real man... I hope people are trying to have a little fun and that's not their real idea of how to be in a relationship; otherwise, it's no wonder our divorce rate is approaching 60% these days...

You do need to hurry up and get you a 4x4 though, Greg...
Old 12-17-2007, 08:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Greg following your train of thought would your wife want you to risk your own safety by driving an unsafe vehicle while the 4x4 sits in the garage unused?

Thats allot like putting a cover on the new sofa so it stays like new looking to all who never see it.[]

Been married for 26 years myself.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:31 AM
Dominant Buck

My truck's a 4x2. My wife's is a (Yukon) 4x4. We also have a 4x4 Jeep Wrangler that's (like everything else) "ours".

It's not ruling with an iron fist when I say.....If I wanted to take her vehicle...I would. We are a 50/50 joint venture. We discuss all MAJOR relationship and family issues. But...when the chips go down.....she'll defer to me for a final decision.

So....it works both ways. If she was adamant about something...and it was trivial...I'd give in. If I was adamant the other way....I wouldn't...and she'd live with it.

The beauty is....she doesn't play her "trump" card out of spite....and neither do I.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

Cougs

I have 2 4X4's One is for sale

Old 12-17-2007, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Some of you guys take life WAY to seriously......[]
Old 12-17-2007, 10:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

bawanajim, I think we would both agree that the key is communication -- and more is needed here before everyone jumps on the bandwagon, though like I said I hope most of it is in jest. Maybe his wife had somewhere to go real early in the morning; in that case, I'd rather my wife have the 4x4 than me -- we don't have enough information to know, and I don't think Greg was trying to pour his heart out and look for marital counseling . I'd be willing to bet he was just making a quick off-the-cuff observation about getting older. Obviously, if it's just going to sit there unused... well, that's different.

And for what it's worth... time served is not indicative of a good marriage -- and I'min no way intimating that yours is NOT.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

face it Cougar, she owns you [8D]
ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

as I used to be I reckon. Let me start out by saying my wife is adamant that I not use our family rig to go hunting. But we had snow and now its a light rain/ice mix and the Explorer is a 4x4 while my old Jeep Comanche is not. So what did I do this morning? I loaded up the Explorer with my gear and headed out(snuck out). About halfway to my hunting area I turned around and headed to the closer state public land. I met two guys who had driven since 3am to get there. After small talk they went one way and I another with my stand/sticks on my back. After only an hour I headed back home. Hunting public land I haven't been on for years and with visions of my wife's probable anger when I returned prompted me to return early. Damn conscience!

By the way, so far so good. She is still asleep and none the wiser.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:05 AM

couldnt say it better myself
im now dumber for reading this
I take my truck regardless of what she wants, ill just deal with it when i get back, she'll get over it, she isnt going to divorce you over taking a vehicle she wont let you go that easy/

Quick Reply: I'm not as dedicated

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.