Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Bowhunting Law in IL

Old 12-16-2007, 01:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: New Bowhunting Law in IL

ORIGINAL: GrumpyTom

ORIGINAL: Schultzy
Being I don't shoot a compound these arguments of mine are very well based! You know that, you've said it yourself when compairing archery equiptment! I don't like it but I guess there's nothing more I can do about it then vote it down in the state I live in when it comes to that which isn't far away. If I knew all they were going to do was allow them for medical reasons, it wouldn't bother me as much. I know better then that though, give them an inch and they'll take a mile and before you know it bow hunting won't be bow hunting no more! Everyone will take the easy road and not have a clue what actual bow hunting is about period! That is what scares the hell right out of me!
If your complaing about crossbows because they give advantages to the shooter over the recurve and longbow, then why are you not complaining about the compound. Both the compound and crossbow give an advantage, although the advantages are different, they are generally equal. But like I said, if your going to banish the crossbow for these advantages, then you should also include the compound in the banishment.
At least you still have to pull your compound back! This has nothing to do with traditional verse compound, don't try starting another stupid argument. Your to ignorant to understand what i'm trying to say! I can understand what your saying about being disabled and wanting to shoot a crossbow, thats understandable! Your way to ignorant to see where i'm coming from though!
Old 12-16-2007, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

At least you still have to pull your compound back!
In a blind or up in a tree (to a lesser extent), the deer can't see you do this.

Should blinds and treestands be made illegal for the same advantage?

Steve
Old 12-16-2007, 01:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Get real! Two totally different things! I've been busted in both ways!
Old 12-16-2007, 01:19 PM

ORIGINAL: SteveBNy

Should blinds and treestands be made illegal for the same advantage?

Steve
Would that be the cheap blinds with the open windows, or the ones that are real hard to use with the shoot through mesh! LOL!! But at least if a guy behind the curtain is using a compound he must be a real man!!

Edit to add:
Forgot to add that Shoot through blinds are ok since it only gives the current hunter a advantage. It does not create the chance of competition from another hunter, therefore the advantage is not discussed and kept quite.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator

In my case, and its because the way I am its not so much crossbows I am against for just anyone to use, its the traditions in general that I rail against and simply for anyone to use a crossbow is another change in that direction. I've seen a mighty change in attitudes in just the last 5 years alone. For instance:

P&Y changing the 65% letoff rule due to pressure mainly by bow manufacturers. How did the manufacturers have a large hand in doing this? Simply by building and selling high letoff bows. P&Y had little choice and in fact I am simply amazed at the large contingent of bowhunters who do not care or do not recognize what P&Y has done for bowhunting.

QDM is actually QAM in disquise as practiced by some. Why not say its strictly for growing bigger racks instead of herd management?

The growing number of outfitters that are displacing the average hunter.

The notion that because a deer happens to travel through, feed, or bed on your land makes it your deer. I've seen this kind of thinking cause rifts between adjoining landowners and hunters who hunt neighboring land. The deer and wildlife is the public's deer and wildlife.

Some states(especially Illinois) using the excuse of giving more opportunities to others by changing bag limits, seasons, etc., when its actually helping fill their coffers only to be siphoned off to the general fund as in Illinois.

OK, enough ranting by me now. My post was wayyyyy off topic.[X(]

Old 12-16-2007, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

great they should let him use a cross bow if he wants
Old 12-16-2007, 01:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

In my case, and its because the way I am its not so much crossbows I am against for just anyone to use, its the traditions in general that I rail against and simply for anyone to use a crossbow is another change in that direction. I've seen a mighty change in attitudes in just the last 5 years alone. For instance:

P&Y changing the 65% letoff rule due to pressure mainly by bow manufacturers. How did the manufacturers have a large hand in doing this? Simply by building and selling high letoff bows. P&Y had little choice and in fact I am simply amazed at the large contingent of bowhunters who do not care or do not recognize what P&Y has done for bowhunting.
Alot of people should support the P@Y! There the biggest spenders and pushers for bow hunting today! I do and always will support the P@Y unless they themselves loose touch also in what bow hunting is. They have lightened there stance a bit, I can go for that but I hope it don't go to far.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:58 PM
Typical Buck

................... Your to ignorant to understand what i'm trying to say! I can understand what your saying about being disabled and wanting to shoot a crossbow, thats understandable! Your way to ignorant to see where i'm coming from though!
I guess your arguement is so great and full of truths that you have to get into NAME CALLING. Just shows what your class is like. BTW I am not ignorant and I know where your coming from. Your from the mentality of NOT IN MY WOODS< I DO NOT WANT ANY MROE HUNTERS IOUT HERE WITH ME SHOOTING MY DEER. I have asked many questions on here that noone seems to want to answer. By the way, compounds should be class the same as crossbows because both give the shooter equal advantages (although different advantages) over the recurve and longbow. IF you can't see that then your blinded by greed (the fascts will support my statements).

I will restate this post and question that everyone seems to forget about.
[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: GrumpyTom
........ I wonder if the abled body person would complain if they were required to get these forms filled out (same costs and time requirements) just to say that they were physically fit to use the vertical archery equipment they choose to use.

But like I said, if you want to debate compound/crossbow, start another thread.
[/blockquote]

LIke I said in that above post. How would the abled body person behave if that was applied to them. Why should the disabled be put through all of that when the abled body hunter is not. Is that not discrimination ............ Unfortantly it is so. Even your surpreme Court has ruled that it is. Just to make it the same for everyone that hunts with archery (not just for the the disabled which want the use of crossbows), I think that everyone should have to get the medical form fill out to hunt with archery. For the abled body people, they get a form saying that they are physically fit enough to use a vertical bow and the disabled get one saying that they are not physically fit so they can use the crossbow.
I honestly do not think that it is fair for the abled body person not to have to go through all of that when the disabled has to. because of this blantant discrimination, it whould be opened up for everyone, unless the abled body person has to get a medical exam, the same as the disabled to say that they can physically hunt with their choice of bow.
Old 12-16-2007, 02:10 PM
Dominant Buck

I guess your arguement is so great and full of truths that you have to get into NAME CALLING.
Now that's the pot calling the kettle black. LOL This is the same Grumpy that called me a liar andignorant isn't it? LOL
Old 12-16-2007, 02:10 PM
Typical Buck

Alot of people should support the P@Y! There the biggest spenders and pushers for bow hunting today! I do and always will support the P@Y unless they themselves loose touch also in what bow hunting is. They have lightened there stance a bit, I can go for that but I hope it don't go to far.
You need to wake up. The pope & young is just out to make money for their organization. Why did they raise their 65% let off rule, it was not to prommote hunting, it was to be able to include more hunters into their rules (most bows had higher let-offs then 65%). This would mean more possible members, which means more money for them. BTW was it not you that was complaining about the greed of companies just after money.

Ok more about your Pope & Young. I believe that they list the Record Typical deer in Ontario Canada as 177 when if you check the Ontario Records (FROW) you will find that it is alot higher then that. Why is this, because they (P&Y) does not care if their records are correct or not. They just want memberships which means more money for them. Also, why did Pope & Young change their rule about party hunting (were they not so dead set against it) ............... ummmmmmmm a very interesting indeed.

I would rather support something like ducks unlimited or other groups that do work like that.

Cougar MAg .............. Quality Managment is what the good man upstairs lets happen. I am just as happy for a nice doe as I would be for a 16 point buck.

Quick Reply: New Bowhunting Law in IL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.