Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Bowhunting Law in IL

Old 12-17-2007, 03:09 PM

Default RE: New Bowhunting Law in IL

ORIGINAL: Germ

What is suppose to be like? I am not being a smart arse. I think this is where the issues is for most.
Their defination of "bowhunting"

Example to me has little to do with the actual bow, but more about hunting tactics employed. This is what I think, not saying it's gospel.

I hunt a little different than most I think. No calls, scents or trickery. I just try and be where the buck may me, and this year I suck at it My buddy has an eletric call with a speakers wired to his stands[&:] Would I do that, no, should I "put down" his method of hunting because Ifeel it's not a macho as me? No

Atlas is another great example, he hunts with a gun 50 yd max range. Uncle Ed's has 150 yd range. Do either really care what the other is doing? Because of the weapon they choose, I bet they have differnet method. Atlas needs to take a bowhunter mentality to the woods with him. Uncle Ed wants to cover a lot of ground when he hunts.

In college my buddy used to try and score with the best looking girls with boyfriends[&:]I use to go after the single ones. In the end we both got the samething, he just had to work harder, Good for him
One thing HNI has taught me, Let folks hunt they way they want. Putting others to "your" standards just is not right, and that goes for me also.

Well said brother.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:11 PM

I agree w/most of the others here. You've earned a right, & contributed enough all the licenses bought over the yrs. At least they'll be out doing what we love. I hope that I can still pull a bow when I'm 62, but would be devestated if I had to give up bow hunting.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

Steve I am not arguing

I have the same concearns, I can tell you Habitat and having a place to hunt is my biggest worry.

My Son is a little older, can we have arrange marriage for hunting rights
Lmao Germ! Good humor, that was needed! Wouldn't that be something if our kids actually hooked up! That would be a site!
Old 12-17-2007, 03:28 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Arthur P our gun laws hurt this country, but in what way does it bother you
Same for our crossbow laws in this country. In what way does it affect you? You've got no dog in this fight and I'm pretty certain we Americans can carry on and get it worked out for ourselves without your brilliant input.
You wrong there. I do have a "dog in this fight. As I said this is the internet and has no boarders. There are very many Canadians on here that read posts to learn. When these posts are incorrect and misleading, they can and do lead the uneducated into believing the untruths as the truth. There are still areas in Canada that believe that crossbows are this secret weapon which is way above what it is capable of. This is slowly being corrected. Most of these people learned their ideas from the misleading statements from the anti crowd. You see, this is not just your fight. BTW, I get requests from individuals regually to help them out ...... why is that .. maybe because you Americans are not carring on well enough.

IT is also sad that a people from one country will not accept help from another, which comes with no strings attacked.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:37 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: IL_BOW_MAN

My issues with the crossbows aren't really with the bows them selves...it is more with the user of said bow. I have witnessed first hand that people think they can shoot 70 and 80 yards because they have this fast cross bow.

Other than that, I don't give a hoot what they use. I hunt withing 100 yards of my dad that uses a cross bow and the only difference is I can here when he shoots and I couldn't when he used a regular bow. It hasn't gotten him anymore deer than he would have gotten normally.
I also have a problem with hunters which they they have an effective range out oast 35-40 yards on deer. The trouble is that the Anti-crossbow world has been telling the world that they (the crossbow) is effective out to 100 yards and people have believed that. It is real sad, because that only hurts the whole hunting world. But those people are not only in the crossbow world, they are also in the vertical world. I few weeks ago, I watched a TV show (North American Hunter) which was actually promoting long distance shots. They had a part of the program (3 man pannel) which was "call the shot". THey had a deer out to what I think was 70 yards and asked if you would take the shot. They all basiclly said that if there was a clear shot and the deer was at ease, they would ............ they use compounds.

UMMMMMMM wonder why hunters are taking long shots, which in my opinion is uneithical because of the time it takes the arrow to get there from release.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

IT is also sad that a people from one country will not accept help from another, which comes with no strings attacked.
Uhhh.... yeah. Right... We've already got Mexico trying to help us with our immigration laws. That's aboout all the foriegn interference I think we need for now. Thank you though. I'm sure you're get a letter from our President when we require your assistance with crossbow laws.

Old 12-17-2007, 04:13 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Uhhh.... yeah. Right... We've already got Mexico trying to help us with our immigration laws. That's aboout all the foriegn interference I think we need for now. Thank you though. I'm sure you're get a letter from our President when we require your assistance with crossbow laws.

Arthur P I think you should fight a fight were you need to fight. As I said, I am not fighting your government or even lobbing them to change their laws. All I am doing is correcting incorrect statements ................. If you do not like that ....... then tooo bad. As I said before ... if HNI wants me to leave, then I will but you are not going to stop me from doing this as the internet knows no boundries and is really callsed as international. Which is why when you purchase a product (unless it is from your own state) your not charged tax.

Sorry to see that your OK for the spreading of misinformation and untruths.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:47 PM
Dominant Buck

Hey, spreading lies and misinformation is something our government is good at.[8D]
Old 12-17-2007, 05:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Grumpy, I don't disagree with what you're saying. I disagree with the way you say it. I disagree very much with your combative attitude. Frankly,it's people like you that have so polarized the disagreement over the years that it's contributed to the misinformation, lies and hard feelings.

Old 12-17-2007, 05:21 PM
Typical Buck

Arthur I was not combative only corrected their untruths. Then they attacked me, called me names, faulsely accused me of things so I confronted them. Asked them to clarify and then answer a question, but they only sided stepped that question to call me more names and spread more lies.
They still have not answered a simple question, why is that, becasue they know they have no answer that will support their faulse claims.

If your t6alking bout combative ...... then look at them. If you have a problem with what I say, then forward a complaint to HNI

Quick Reply: New Bowhunting Law in IL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.