Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Bowhunting Law in IL

Old 12-17-2007, 10:41 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: New Bowhunting Law in IL

ORIGINAL: Hotburn76
Also a big thanks to the people that have showed support to the use of the CB, alot of the names have surprised me.
I have known for many years that the majority of people support the use of crossbows in the archery season. The thing is, most are silient while the Anti's were always very vocal. We are starting to see that most people are getting tired of the anti's misinformation and are now starting to voice their opinion.

I too would love to thank all of the people that have shown support. Even the short words as let it go, it should not matter or OK with me does have meaning to to those that are in the need.

Thanks again.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

You just dont want an answer for you question! We have Hunter Education you now have to complete befor receiving a hunting licens, which I know for a fact takes more time than filling out the forums and a quick physical, If they get a physical at all! But then you already know that.

Alwaws come back to the sympathy card dont you, when in your posts its plain to see your major objective is to cram the Xbow into the regular archery season unrestricted.

There is no ignorance on my part on the Xbow, I may be able to give you a few tips on them!
NO discrimination on my part or anyone elses part either that I have seen , Just belive everything has its place, Guns in gun season, Black powder in its season, get it yet!
Just what Province, State, or Country have you been travailing to to help these people get their paperwork and physicals done to help them get their permits, because I kind of limited to those that live around me.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:41 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

You just dont want an answer for you question! We have Hunter Education you now have to complete befor receiving a hunting licens, which I know for a fact takes more time than filling out the forums and a quick physical, If they get a physical at all! But then you already know that.

Alwaws come back to the sympathy card dont you, when in your posts its plain to see your major objective is to cram the Xbow into the regular archery season unrestricted.

There is no ignorance on my part on the Xbow, I may be able to give you a few tips on them!
NO discrimination on my part or anyone elses part either that I have seen , Just belive everything has its place, Guns in gun season, Black powder in its season, get it yet!
Just what Province, State, or Country have you been travailing to to help these people get their paperwork and physicals done to help them get their permits, because I kind of limited to those that live around me.
Yes I want an answer to my question which I have posted many times for you to answer, but you side step it as good as your leader BUsh does. I would not have asked that many times if I did not want the answer. All hunters, able bodied and disabled need to have that hunters education coarse, that is the point, everyone goes through that. Not everyone needs to go though the hassle of getting all the forms filled out to hunt with archery equipment (yes crossbows are archery equipment, history will prove that, long before compounds).

No I am not looking for "sympathy " or am " I playing the sympathy card". Most of the disabled only want to be treated like every one else, not to have to go through tones of paper work to do what the abled body person takes for granted.

Yes you do have "ignorance on my part on the Xbow" and you have proven it by saying that they are like guns. They are not like guns at all. And you have proven that you do "discrimination on my part(your quote)" by agreeing tha the disabled need to go though all that extra paper work will not forcing all the abled body to go though the same.

You would be very surprised the number that I have helpd, I was helping people before that Col court case was even filed. That would include many different States and even helped one person with the CHRA (Canadian Human Rights Act) in a dispute with an archery club in Alberta. They were refusing the crossbow at their range. The showing CHRA the club had to relent and allow the crossbow.

Now I have responded to your questions and accuations, now lets see you answer that question which I have asked many times. IT is a straight forward .... Black & White answer ..... no side stepping needed.

ORIGINAL: GrumpyTom
........ I wonder if the abled body person would complain if they were required to get these forms filled out (same costs and time requirements) just to say that they were physically fit to use the vertical archery equipment they choose to use.
Maybe if I worded it differently. Would the abled body archery hunter complain if they would have to get a physical fitness form filled out (with all the same time and costs that the disabled incure) to be able to hunt with archery equip[ment.

No doubt in my mind there would be a major uproar and protests. And I bet you would be at the very top of the list.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have known for many years that the majority of people support the use of crossbows in the archery season.
Maybe on YOUR side of the border, not here in the U.S. I don't think the majority support crossbows even now. I think they simply don't care one way or the other.

One other teensie little thing.... I don't much care for'furriners' sticking their noses into Americans' business. If you guys spent half as much time worrying about your own country as you do about crossbows on this side of the border, maybe you'd still have some gun rights up there.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow what a heated debate. Did it get this hot when compounds were introduced! I'm sure the recurve/longbow crowd was just as insecure about allowing compounds during the archery season. BTW I shoot a compound and want to try a x-bow someday. I've shot a recurve a few times and would like to master it as well. I don't see the problem here, to me a x-bow is a piece of archery equiptment, it should be allowed.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GrumpyTom

Maybe if I worded it differently. Would the abled body archery hunter complain if they would have to get a physical fitness form filled out (with all the same time and costs that the disabled incure) to be able to hunt with archery equip[ment.

No doubt in my mind there would be a major uproar and protests. And I bet you would be at the very top of the list.
These forms are there for a reason, to keep people from cheating the system, by filling out these forms one can then determine if a special permit can be given. Its no different then welfare, just because your broke doesn't mean your entitled to get money from anyone! You have to fill out a form and apply for it just like anyone else would and if your application is successful, you will then get what you wanted. It don't matter what it is these days, everyone's trying to cheat the system in some kind of way! Thats why forms are needed, proof is what they want! Its that simple!
Old 12-17-2007, 01:02 PM
Typical Buck

Arthur P our gun laws hurt this country, but in what way does it bother you,

Secondly, this is the internet which has no boarders, so on here I am just like you and others. My statement you quoted was formed from many many years of watching people responses. Ten years ago you would not even find a State that would tink of starting to allow crossbows into archery (other then those already with it), now it is a growing trend.

About me sticking my nose into your business, how is it your business that I stick up for people with disabilities. BTW, I have never lobbied governments. nor have I formed any laws, nor have I ever threatened anyone. I have only wanted all people to be treated fairly and as equals. Are you against that. Even in this thread, all I have done is correct incorrect statements or lies. With me doing this, people that do not know, or un educated, will not believe the misinformation or lies as the truth ............. Again are you against me doing that (telling the truth)

NOW if HNFI was to ask me to stop I would leave in a heart beat, but I also believe that they want an educational site and the truth to be put forth, not misinformation. I have not disrespected anyone with name calling or threats, I have conducted myself in a manerly way. I have answered questions and accuations. I have not side stepped questions to try and misinfor people like others have on here.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

I have known for many years that the majority of people support the use of crossbows in the archery season.
Maybe on YOUR side of the border, not here in the U.S. I don't think the majority support crossbows even now. I think they simply don't care one way or the other.

One other teensie little thing.... I don't much care for'furriners' sticking their noses into Americans' business. If you guys spent half as much time worrying about your own country as you do about crossbows on this side of the border, maybe you'd still have some gun rights up there.
Most don't want crossbows for fear more people will hunt during the archery season and shoot "their" deer.

I have not seen one logical reason tonot make them legal.

So far we have
1.It's easier
2.Protecting our bowhunting tradition

IMO, both of these are pretty lame. I will preach until I die.
HUNTING IS SUPPOSE TO BE FUN We all have choices, if YOU want it hard go ahead, if I want it hard, I should have the right to choose how hard IMO.

My grandpa has hunted with a CrossBow for over a decade now, yes he had to go through a test. Which was nuts IMO.

Old 12-17-2007, 01:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

Most don't want crossbows for fear more people will hunt during the archery season and shoot "their" deer.

I have not seen one logical reason tonot make them legal.

So far we have
1.It's easier
2.Protecting our bowhunting tradition

IMO, both of these are pretty lame. I will preach until I die.
HUNTING IS SUPPOSE TO BE FUN We all have choices, if YOU want it hard go ahead, if I want it hard, I should have the right to choose how hard IMO.

My grandpa has hunted with a CrossBow for over a decade now, yes he had to go through a test. Which was nuts IMO.
Where does it stop Germ?
Old 12-17-2007, 01:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wow, I made it to page 11, my eyes are bleeding, but I made it. Honestly I don't have a problem with it. I wasn't crazy about crossbows being allowed for anyone in my area when it happened, but since then I've changed my views. My old man had back surgery and because of nerve damage lost a lot of strength and could no longer draw even a 45 pound bow. I got him a crossbow, just so he could get out with me a couple times a year. We got him all set up and took it to the range. We were shooting, him with his crossbow, me with my compound. He could hit pretty good at 20, and 30 yards, but beyond that was no good. I was smacking 3 inch groups at 45 yards with my compound. I tried to shoot the crossbow and let me tell you I will take my compound any day of the week. Those that think shooting a crossbow is like shooting a gun have not shot a crossbow much. They are unwieldy, hard to balance and as Grumpy said you have to follow through on your shot like a flintlock. This was a very good crossbow with a red dot sight as well.

I personally would not want to hunt with a crossbow just because I like the compound more, but to say that setting up a crossbow and being able to go out and hunt with one is just a silly reason to say they are bad. The same can be done with a compound. As a matter of fact, Matt/PA has stated numerous times that he has received a new free offering from Bowtech (jerk) taken it out of the box and hunted with it the same day. I know on one occassion he killed a deer that way. So, to say that because a crossbow is easy to master (which I do not believe to be the case) so it is a lesser archery weapon is just foolish.

Finally, if a guy is perfectly healthy and chooses to shoot a crossbow and it's legal, so what. I choose to shoot a compound over a recurve or long bow. I prefer to shoot a compound over a crossbow. For goodness sake, stop worrying about what everyone else is doing and just hunt.

Quick Reply: New Bowhunting Law in IL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.