Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Bowhunting Law in IL

Old 12-16-2007, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Bowhunting Law in IL

ORIGINAL: Germ

I would not use a xbow in a tree for all the tea in china

They are big and clumsey, I can say for sure I would have not shot my last 3 bucks with one in the tree. Shots were behind me.
I hunt with the bow that brings me the most enjoyment. Sitting in a tree thinking "Can I get this bow back" is no fun at all IMO.

I will be honest, if x-bows were legal in MI I would use one on the ground in MY CRP field. For the simple fact I can shoot for my belly.
Also sitting butt flat on the ground. Not fit for stalking either, clumsy, dangerous to walk with locked cocked and ready to rock, takes to long to load and crank up if you do see something,and heavy as a boat anchor, kind of looks like one too!
Old 12-16-2007, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GrumpyTom

ORIGINAL: Schultzy
................... Your to ignorant to understand what i'm trying to say! I can understand what your saying about being disabled and wanting to shoot a crossbow, thats understandable! Your way to ignorant to see where i'm coming from though!
I guess your arguement is so great and full of truths that you have to get into NAME CALLING. Just shows what your class is like. BTW I am not ignorant and I know where your coming from. Your from the mentality of NOT IN MY WOODS< I DO NOT WANT ANY MROE HUNTERS IOUT HERE WITH ME SHOOTING MY DEER. I have asked many questions on here that noone seems to want to answer. By the way, compounds should be class the same as crossbows because both give the shooter equal advantages (although different advantages) over the recurve and longbow. IF you can't see that then your blinded by greed (the fascts will support my statements).

I will restate this post and question that everyone seems to forget about.

[blockquote]quote:

........ I wonder if the abled body person would complain if they were required to get these forms filled out (same costs and time requirements) just to say that they were physically fit to use the vertical archery equipment they choose to use.

But like I said, if you want to debate compound/crossbow, start another thread.
[/blockquote]

LIke I said in that above post. How would the abled body person behave if that was applied to them. Why should the disabled be put through all of that when the abled body hunter is not. Is that not discrimination ............ Unfortantly it is so. Even your surpreme Court has ruled that it is. Just to make it the same for everyone that hunts with archery (not just for the the disabled which want the use of crossbows), I think that everyone should have to get the medical form fill out to hunt with archery. For the abled body people, they get a form saying that they are physically fit enough to use a vertical bow and the disabled get one saying that they are not physically fit so they can use the crossbow.
I honestly do not think that it is fair for the abled body person not to have to go through all of that when the disabled has to. because of this blantant discrimination, it whould be opened up for everyone, unless the abled body person has to get a medical exam, the same as the disabled to say that they can physically hunt with their choice of bow.
Thought I was gone didn't ya! Look what all happend while I was gone, name calling,POPE & YOUNG bashing and you with this, will someone answer this question for me, like to drove me nuts when I was going over what I missed! Now I will answer the darn question for you. I am a licensed Guide it this state and I do have to take a Physical every 3 years only I have to prove I am healthy.Its called proof of burden. I have to prove I am Healthy to get my permit, and anyonewanting a XBow permit has to prove they are not.
I will even break it down more for you, Tryclaming you won the lottery and go and try to get the money on just your word.
So far you have used the handicapped (Who can hunt with the Xbow during the regular archery season with a permit), the elderly, and the poor to try and cram the xbow into the regular archery season, have you no shame.
I got you pegged for a Excalibur Rep!!

Oh and the SupremeCourt crap you keep twisting up to suit yourself has nothing to do with putting a Xbow in our archery season. Does it now.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:15 PM
Fork Horn

I don't see how this isa problem for so many people! Its obvoius that people in this worldare selfish,have no compassion for others, and little respect for the elderly! Even if they could pull back a bow, why not make it easier forsomeone this old tocontinue to enjoy life in the outdoors?If they've lived to be 62 years old, I say they deserve to have an advantage, eventhough, I don't think its that much of an advantage in the first place!

Bottom line is that it doesn't really effect anyone, but some people just enjoy being haters!

Old 12-17-2007, 04:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

In Wisconsin you have to be at least 65 to hunt with a crossbow or be physically handicapped to hunt with one.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Michbowhunter

I don't see how this isa problem for so many people! Its obvoius that people in this worldare selfish,have no compassion for others, and little respect for the elderly! Even if they could pull back a bow, why not make it easier forsomeone this old tocontinue to enjoy life in the outdoors?If they've lived to be 62 years old, I say they deserve to have an advantage, eventhough, I don't think its that much of an advantage in the first place!

Bottom line is that it doesn't really effect anyone, but some people just enjoy being haters!
Im not seeing it either. The majorlimiting factor on both weapons is range....whats the huge debate about?
Old 12-17-2007, 07:26 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

Thought I was gone didn't ya! Look what all happend while I was gone, name calling,POPE & YOUNG bashing and you with this, will someone answer this question for me, like to drove me nuts when I was going over what I missed! Now I will answer the darn question for you. I am a licensed Guide it this state and I do have to take a Physical every 3 years only I have to prove I am healthy.Its called proof of burden. I have to prove I am Healthy to get my permit, and anyonewanting a XBow permit has to prove they are not.
I will even break it down more for you, Tryclaming you won the lottery and go and try to get the money on just your word.
So far you have used the handicapped (Who can hunt with the Xbow during the regular archery season with a permit), the elderly, and the poor to try and cram the xbow into the regular archery season, have you no shame.
I got you pegged for a Excalibur Rep!!

Oh and the SupremeCourt crap you keep twisting up to suit yourself has nothing to do with putting a Xbow in our archery season. Does it now.
Oh come on ............. there you go again saying that I am name calling ...................... I have not called anyone names on this forum. What I have done is pointed out LIES & UNTRUTHS which certain people put forth. I do this so that the uneducated will not start to believe your untruths and lies. ............................ I AM NOT THE ONE CALLING NAMES!

Oh but what this ruling dows ia proves that limiting the archery season to only the abled body is A discrimatory Act. It also rules that if the disabled person was charged any extra fees for his inclussion into the archery season, then that was ALSO A DISCRIMATORY ACT. I am not twisting this to suit myself, it is a law ruling and it is fact ............. Do a google search and find out for yourself.

You still did not answer my question. I did not ask you if you had a physical, I asked what would happen if every abled body person had to go through the same physical as a disabled body would have to just to be able to hunt. DO NOT SIDE STEP THE QUESTION. You also stated that I knew nothing about the Pope & Yopung so I asked you to educate me, but you seem to forgot to do that, but contimue to call me a pope & young basher, I just said that I would not support them, I would rather support other organizations because I believe that they are more interested in keeping their membership up (more money for them) then they are in promoting hunting.

[quote]

[blockquote]

........ I wonder if the abled body person would complain if they were required to get these forms filled out (same costs and time requirements) just to say that they were physically fit to use the vertical archery equipment they choose to use.

[/blockquote]

LIke I said in that above post. How would the abled body person behave if that was applied to them. Why should the disabled be put through all of that when the abled body hunter is not. Is that not discrimination ............ Unfortantly it is so. Even your surpreme Court has ruled that it is. Just to make it the same for everyone that hunts with archery (not just for the the disabled which want the use of crossbows), I think that everyone should have to get the medical form fill out to hunt with archery. For the abled body people, they get a form saying that they are physically fit enough to use a vertical bow and the disabled get one saying that they are not physically fit so they can use the crossbow.
Stop trying to just cause problems. Either answer my question dirrectly or just go away. Either way, the other people that read this forum will see that you can not back up your statements with the truth.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Come on Grumpy, Its been that way all my life, and yours too, if any individual wants something you have to prove in one way or another you qualify for it.

Now instead of arguing with me on this forum, you should be trying to get it where the disabled are reimbursed for any fees obtained while getting their permit!

But seeings how you live in Ontario Canada where the healthy, disabiled, old, and poor can all hunt with a X bow without a physical and dont need a permit to do so !!!!

Well, you know what I think!
Old 12-17-2007, 10:07 AM

ORIGINAL: Hotburn76

ORIGINAL: SteveBNy

Should blinds and treestands be made illegal for the same advantage?

Steve
Would that be the cheap blinds with the open windows, or the ones that are real hard to use with the shoot through mesh! LOL!! But at least if a guy behind the curtain is using a compound he must be a real man!!

Edit to add:
Forgot to add that Shoot through blinds are ok since it only gives the current hunter a advantage. It does not create the chance of competition from another hunter, therefore the advantage is not discussed and kept quite.
Is anyone willing to defend the use of these blinds. One of the main debates that comes up is not having to draw on a deer at close range and some think that is a big advantage of the CB. Does most of the vertical crowd feel that people that use these blinds are taking a easy way? Are they viewed as ok? Please do not say it isnot related or different subject since the last four pages have been basically arguing over how easy a CB is, and this in my mind is something that makes it easy right? or easier at least?

Also a big thanks to the people that have showed support to the use of the CB, alot of the names have surprised me.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:30 AM

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

Just read about a new law on the books in IL. Anyone 62 years of age or older can bowhunt with a cross bow without having to get a medical excuse. Just have proof of age and buy the permit.

Not sure why this is needed.
I'm not sure why you would care? Are you afraid all the seniors will pick up crossbows and wipe out your deer heard?

Paul
Old 12-17-2007, 10:32 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

Come on Grumpy, Its been that way all my life, and yours too, if any individual wants something you have to prove in one way or another you qualify for it.

Now instead of arguing with me on this forum, you should be trying to get it where the disabled are reimbursed for any fees obtained while getting their permit!

But seeings how you live in Ontario Canada where the healthy, disabiled, old, and poor can all hunt with a X bow without a physical and dont need a permit to do so !!!!

Well, you know what I think!
Well Sliverflicker, they should not have to be reimbursed for their expenses because it is against the law (your surpreme court ruling) to charge them anything for that permit. But my point is ............ it is not all money in that cost .... TIME as well can mean alot to someone with a disability. Why should they be forced to go through all of that (time and expense) when the abled body person did not have to go through that.

Yes I do live in Ontario where it is legal for anyone to use the crossbow as a choice and we have a growing problem with deer population. It has not hurt our deer herd at all. Why do I fight for the rights of the disabled ........... because people like you fight to disclude them from activities that they love and want to continue. Just because there is a boarder between you and me, to me does not matter, you see, ignorance and discrimination has no boarders.

But I guess that because I live in Ontario, I do not have a right to fight for someone that has disabilities. BTW, many Americans have thanked me for sticking up for there rights and or their loved ones rights. They also thank me for proving that the lies from the anti's were just that LIES

Why is it that noone wants to answer the question of :

I bet it is because they know that they (able body person) would not stand for it and would cause a major uproar. I know ............. it is the "it does not bother me so WHAT!!!!!!" ............ syndrum

Quick Reply: New Bowhunting Law in IL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.