Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why must they taunt me?

Old 12-13-2007, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Why must they taunt me?

Here I sit again looking out the back window. Not 75 yards from the house stand two really nice doe and a small one. They have been there for two hours. Come daylight, they will be nowhere to be found on my property. They will move across the road for the day. This is the fourth night this week they were there. Is it just me? The dogs were on the back deck earlier barking at them, but they don't care. They know they are off limits. Maybe they are much smarter than we give them credit?
Old 12-13-2007, 09:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Why must they taunt me?

deer walk through my yard all the time at night.
Old 12-13-2007, 11:30 PM

Great story!

Actually, I feel your pain.

One day, this summer, I was practicing with my broadheads on myFull-Rut target. I was done with thatparticular round so I walked up to my target but I heard somethingentering the woods from the corn field along our property.

Ihappen to look directly at a small fork horn, with his beautiful brown coat, steppingover a fallen tree. I crouched down and decided to enjoy the view. I was practicing judging my distance and basically, treating this show as if it was the "real deal".While I tried to remain motionless,almost instinctively, Ihad the shakes. That deerpaused andlasered mea few times....this really got the blood pumping.

Unfortunately, thatwas going to bemy closest"encounter" thisseason with any whitetail.It was indeed a tough fall for me...didn't even step foot in a stand. But theexchange,that summer's day, wassure an excitingone.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:15 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Bols

Great story!

Actually, I feel your pain.

One day, this summer, I was practicing with my broadheads on myFull-Rut target. I was done with thatparticular round so I walked up to my target but I heard somethingentering the woods from the corn field along our property.

Ihappen to look directly at a small fork horn, with his beautiful brown coat, steppingover a fallen tree. I crouched down and decided to enjoy the view. I was practicing judging my distance and basically, treating this show as if it was the "real deal".While I tried to remain motionless,almost instinctively, Ihad the shakes. That deerpaused andlasered mea few times....this really got the blood pumping.

Unfortunately, thatwas going to bemy closest"encounter" thisseason with any whitetail.It was indeed a tough fall for me...didn't even step foot in a stand. But theexchange,that summer's day, wassure an excitingone.
I too have deer in my backyard, and they taunt me as well. I've been shooting in my backyard only tosee tracksin front of where I place my target.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:23 AM

It's a conspiracy!
Old 12-14-2007, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

i know what you mean i have deer that come through my yard only at night . i want them to change there pattern but no luck