Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone work for a big name hunting company??

Old 12-13-2007, 07:58 AM

Default Anyone work for a big name hunting company??

Anyone??..........bows, sights, stands, guns, scopes, clothing, etc.

Just wondering how big these places actually are and how many employees they have, salary range and so on.

Copper John is a local company and you would never even know they were there (way he wants it). Just a medium sized block building in the middle of a light industrial/residential area.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone work for a big name hunting company??

So I take it you visited Eric at the old bowling alley? [8D]

It's amazing they are able to produce the volume they do in a building that size.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:36 AM

ORIGINAL: Rick James

So I take it you visited Eric at the old bowling alley? [8D]

It's amazing they are able to produce the volume they do in a building that size.

No kidding...........I give them a lot of credit for that.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Two years ago An outfitter out in Montana offered me a job outfitting elk, bear, whitetails. The main thing they really wanted me for was outfitting the bear hunters. The salary they offered me was 75,000 dollars a year. I turned it down being i'm self employed owning a Milk Hauling business andwas just to in debt and tied downto move and start all over.If I wasn't so in debt and tied downI would of done it I think. It was a tough decision to make none the less. As it worked out i'm happy i didn't go, I have myself a new little girl now who is going to be 5 months old here shortly. Hopefully we can make our own memories in the woods bear hunting and deer hunting around here in Minnesota inthe coming years!
Old 12-13-2007, 09:12 AM

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Two years ago An outfitter out in Montana offered me a job outfitting elk, bear, whitetails. The main thing they really wanted me for was outfitting the bear hunters. The salary they offered me was 75,000 dollars a year.
To guide? I'm not calling you a liar Schultzy, but I find that extremely hard to believe. I own a bear hunting and fishing camp and that doesn't seem possible.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

2 years ago when I was elk hunting in the Fort Peck area in Montana i ran into the guide out there. We got talking one night after elk hunting and he asked if i was interested. Like I said in my previous post I turned it down for other reasons. I think the reason he offered me as much as he did was because of the success i've had bear hunting in Minnesota.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: _Dan

Two years ago An outfitter out in Montana offered me a job outfitting elk, bear, whitetails. The main thing they really wanted me for was outfitting the bear hunters. The salary they offered me was 75,000 dollars a year.
To guide? I'm not calling you a liar Schultzy, but I find that extremely hard to believe. I own a bear hunting and fishing camp and that doesn't seem possible.
Dan if yer looking for one ,I'll guide all species but big foot &for $49.500 to boot plus tips of course.[8D]
Old 12-13-2007, 09:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Dan, what do you guys pay your help?
Old 12-13-2007, 09:27 AM

Help??? LOL I do it all myself. I guide between 8 and 12 guys per year, depending how many I feel like taking that year....next year I have 10.

And if I were paying, I gurantee it would be no where close to that......no matter how many hunts I did.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:28 AM

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

ORIGINAL: _Dan

Dan if yer looking for one ,I'll guide all species but big foot &for $49.500 to boot plus tips of course.[8D]

You got yourself a deal.......

Quick Reply: Anyone work for a big name hunting company??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.