Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
40-45 lbs
2.40%
46-50 lbs
0.80%
51-55 lbs
4.00%
56-60 lbs
16.80%
61-65 lbs
27.20%
66-70 lbs
30.40%
71-75 lbs
14.40%
76-80 lbs
1.60%
80lbs and up
2.40%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Draw Weight

Old 12-13-2007, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Draw Weight

i'm set at 60 right now
Old 12-13-2007, 01:01 PM
Typical Buck

You mean more like 45lbs cause you ain't strong enough to pull over 50. BAM!
ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

65-70 for deer, i crank it down to around 60-63 when hunting turkeys in the spring.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:02 PM

Well, I figure this is about as good of a place to post this as any.

While I may have voted for the 70-75# range, this will change after this season.

The last several times I've been out hunting the temperature has ranged from 8-28 degrees. I froze out almost every time. Last night I purchased a new fleece jacket to wear underneath my already bulky clothing.

I sat on the stand this morning for a couple hours without ever getting cold. However, I decided to try and draw my bow before climbing down for the morning. Notice, I said try. Due to a combitnation of stiff muscles, bulky clothing, and an old back injury, I could only draw the bow about three quarters of the way back. During the spring and summer months, I can draw an 80# bow without a problem.

I've decided that my shooting 70# is largely an ego thing. I absolutely have no reason to be shooting that much weight. Yes, I'm young, but I don't need to be shooting that much weight. A 60# bow properly tuned will kill any big game animal in North America.

I'm planning on selling my Allegiance as soon as this season is over. I've got my eye on the 2008 Black Ice [50-60lbs.]
Old 12-13-2007, 01:02 PM
Typical Buck

I shoot 72lbs with my Bowtech Guardian.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:07 PM
Site Bouncer

70lbs here with my Switchback LD.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

While I may have voted for the 70-75# range, this will change after this season.

The last several times I've been out hunting the temperature has ranged from 8-28 degrees. I froze out almost every time. Last night I purchased a new fleece jacket to wear underneath my already bulky clothing.

I sat on the stand this morning for a couple hours without ever getting cold. However, I decided to try and draw my bow before climbing down for the morning. Notice, I said try. Due to a combitnation of stiff muscles, bulky clothing, and an old back injury, I could only draw the bow about three quarters of the way back. During the spring and summer months, I can draw an 80# bow without a problem.

I've decided that my shooting 70# is largely an ego thing. I absolutely have no reason to be shooting that much weight. Yes, I'm young, but I don't need to be shooting that much weight. A 60# bow properly tuned will kill any big game animal in North America.

I'm planning on selling my Allegiance as soon as this season is over. I've got my eye on the 2008 Black Ice [50-60lbs.]
How much for the used ally??
Old 12-13-2007, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gobblegetterNY

Old 12-13-2007, 01:34 PM

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

ORIGINAL: gobblegetterNY

Old 12-13-2007, 01:40 PM
Dominant Buck

MN.....

He was gonna charge $250-$300 for a treestand he got for free.....so I'm guessing a used Ally he paid full price for would go for around $6,000.00.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:42 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

MN.....

He was gonna charge $250-$300 for a treestand he got for free.....so I'm guessing a used Ally he paid full price for would go for around $6,000.00.
Aww, c'mon now Jeff... I would have given him a better deal than that!

$5,500, easy.

And hey, I actually did get $275 for that stand.

Quick Reply: Draw Weight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.