Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

GMATT'S Bets

Old 12-05-2007, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator

Default GMATT'S Bets

Ok GMATT what is the total so far for all the bets. Im curious if I owe you some money. I believe I bet $5 and covered another hunters bet with you for shooting 8 does.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:58 PM
Bartender

Default RE: GMATT'S Bets

Donate it to the charity thread?

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2181783
Old 12-05-2007, 06:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Jeff cancelled all "bets" regardless of outcome of said bets. He came to a new understanding and appreciation and respect for bowhunting and betting isn't part of it. I'll let him explain.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator

OOPS didnt mean to call him out. I didnt know he cancelled the bets. Sorry GMATT I meant nothing by the post...
Old 12-06-2007, 08:41 AM
Dominant Buck

No problem, Arrow. Rb's right, though.....I found out more about ME this year than I kinda wanted to. I was looking at this ALL WRONG.

If I had a bet with you and you want to "call".....I'm "in" for whatever it was. I notified everyone I could remember having a bet with via PM and attempted to bow out, EARLY on, though.

I've killed several does, this year, in attempt at mgmt. and nothing else (mgmt. of does....I've also taken two bucks). I won't ever attempt to kill that many, again. With a little over a week left in my season....the mgmt. goal of 8 doe sout fo the herd, here, is almost met. Frank (Brknarrow) helped out with one....and one more needs to be taken. If that occurs (or even if it doesn't), I'll feel good about the year, here.

I'll never make another "bet" on deer hunting.........where it puts a bad light on what WE do. I aoplogize for the way I entered this season.

Good luck to all in your late seasons.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

No problem, Arrow. Rb's right, though.....I found out more about ME this year than I kinda wanted to. I was looking at this ALL WRONG.

If I had a bet with you and you want to "call".....I'm "in" for whatever it was. I notified everyone I could remember having a bet with via PM and attempted to bow out, EARLY on, though.

I've killed several does, this year, in attempt at mgmt. and nothing else (mgmt. of does....I've also taken two bucks). I won't ever attempt to kill that many, again. With a little over a week left in my season....the mgmt. goal of 8 doe sout fo the herd, here, is almost met. Frank (Brknarrow) helped out with one....and one more needs to be taken. If that occurs (or even if it doesn't), I'll feel good about the year, here.

I'll never make another "bet" on deer hunting.........where it puts a bad light on what WE do. I aoplogize for the way I entered this season.

Well said GMMAT! It takes a man to man up!!
Old 12-06-2007, 10:02 AM

RESPECT given! Growing pains hurt like hell sometimes, but they are most necessary.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:04 AM
Dominant Buck

Mobow....

I'm still bettin our bucks are bigger than Rob's, though[&:]
Old 12-06-2007, 10:17 AM

Mobow....

Is it still considered a "bet" if you already know the outcome??
Old 12-06-2007, 11:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Mobow....

That's like betting I will go bald

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.