Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

"So you wanna learn how to shoot 3D?"

Old 12-05-2007, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: "So you wanna learn how to shoot 3D?"

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I've taken baby steps back from the target if I thought people were back at the stake counting my steps though.............[8D].
Iguess I'm not devious enough to understand this????[8D]
Sending a PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

I moon walk back Freaks them out

Old 12-05-2007, 02:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Heck, that's easy Germ... the average moon walk stride is 18.5", so just extrapolate from there...

[8D]
Old 12-05-2007, 02:38 PM

If you miss go on to the next shot. Your not going to change any thing by talking to yourself it's done. If you talk in your group talk about hunting are equipment. When I shoot open I talk every little at all and think about on what I'm doing. Not about what someone else is doing or about miss judging the last shot.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:56 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I've taken baby steps back from the target if I thought people were back at the stake counting my steps though.............[8D].
Iguess I'm not devious enough to understand this????[8D]
1 good step is a yard. Never would have thought about it though. I guess people will do anything to try and get an unfair advantage.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW Matt post of the year right here!! Thanks a lot, this will really help me a lot as it answers basically all of my questions. Thanks again
Old 12-05-2007, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rick James

I've taken baby steps back from the target if I thought people were back at the stake counting my steps though.............[8D]. Nothing is funnier than hearing the arrows rattling off trees after pulling this move.
LOL.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't shoot competitions. My cousins and I just shoot for cases of budweiser. After reading this, I shouldn't have to buy much beer this year. Thanks..
Old 12-05-2007, 04:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

They would take your score card and disqualify you at any sanctioned event as well if range officials saw it. I personally and no one that competes to win takes this kind of stuff lightly...........
If range officials saw it, they'd just see the shooter walking off the stake. They'd have to hear it, and that's seldom going to happen. Just consider it a heads up not to let something like that, or having someone doing baby steps walking back from the target, make you double guess your yardage. The key is to be confident in your estimation and stick to it. The guys who compete to win know this.

They are also always looking for a way to get inside their opponents' heads. Archery is 95% mental, 5% physical. If you allow them to mess with your mind, you're sunk.

Now, shooting behind someone who uses a clicker and you having a sudden, desperate need to flick open the top of a Zippo lighter just as he's about to dump the string... Some folks might think that's a dirty trick to play.

The main thing that's missing today, and the main thing that's different now from when I was competing, is a sense of humor. Maybe the youngsters that are coming up can bring it back, because it's badly needed.

Old 12-05-2007, 05:11 PM
Fork Horn

Great post! I enjoyed reading it and will no doubt read it again! I've often entertained the idea of becoming involved in competitive shooting, and this post answers a lot of the questions I had.

I'm also planning to upgrade to a new bow soon, and this gives me some ideas!

Thanks for taking the time to educate!

Quick Reply: "So you wanna learn how to shoot 3D?"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.