Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A day of ups and downs...What pose for my buck?

Old 12-03-2007, 09:25 PM

Default A day of ups and downs...What pose for my buck?

Well, I've been expecting a package from our very own bloodcreek, and it came today. There's a catch, though.....THE FREAKIN BOX WAS EMPTY!!! Torn open and taped shut.....We're still working on that one...

That's the down part, the rest is good. My shop owner called, my bow is in. So I went out and set it all up, shot it and brought her home this evening. While I was out there, he also told me our taxi picked up my buck, and it should be done around March.....I can't wait to get him back!!

I'm still not sure of the post I want....I'm thinking something with his head slightly lowered, and his ears pinned back.....Not a full sneak, I just don't like that one....I figure a slight head down will show off the height of the rack. Any ideas??
Old 12-03-2007, 09:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A day of ups and downs...

You shudda checked out the McKenzie catalog while you were here. Lots of ideas in there.

I'll look for ya!
Old 12-03-2007, 09:30 PM

Yeah, that would have made sense.....There you go thinking all logical again. I honestly didn't think this guy was going to pick it up, I had already called another guy I know to do it. I was going to pick one out there....But....Ryan got it, so I'll figure one out.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:41 PM

Man, thats a bummer. Bloodcreek- you sure you put the package in the box?...j/k man I hope you get that all worked out. As far as the mount goes i have always like the semi-sneak. I think that is what you described tho.

What's the new bow?
Old 12-03-2007, 09:43 PM

Vectrix Plus.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here's a tip: The last four state championships in whitetails have been on a Coombs form...(semi-sneaks look pretty good)

My taxidermist won't mount a whitetail on anything else these days, and he's won every whitetail taxidermy competition he's entered (finished like 2nd in the world a few years ago) ... and I've got to go get one he re-mounted for me on a Coombs form that was originally on a McKenzie... Matt / PA's getting his on a Coombs, too.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:29 PM
Site Buck Guru

I try to get them mounted similar to what they were doing just before I shot them. Unless, of course, they were looking up at me! [:-]
Old 12-04-2007, 12:16 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: A day of ups and downs...What pose for my buck?

I have known bloodcreek for many years and he has been know to forget a thing or two.
ORIGINAL: mobow

Well, I've been expecting a package from our very own bloodcreek, and it came today. There's a catch, though.....THE FREAKIN BOX WAS EMPTY!!! Torn open and taped shut.....We're still working on that one...

That's the down part, the rest is good. My shop owner called, my bow is in. So I went out and set it all up, shot it and brought her home this evening. While I was out there, he also told me our taxi picked up my buck, and it should be done around March.....I can't wait to get him back!!

I'm still not sure of the post I want....I'm thinking something with his head slightly lowered, and his ears pinned back.....Not a full sneak, I just don't like that one....I figure a slight head down will show off the height of the rack. Any ideas??
Old 12-04-2007, 12:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Exactly I was just going to say it. How did he come through?

ORIGINAL: GregH

I try to get them mounted similar to what they were doing just before I shot them. Unless, of course, they were looking up at me! [:-]
Old 12-04-2007, 05:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

i did like gregH...mine gave me 10000003 different poses before i released the arrow though...

i went with a Mckenzie 6400 series...its a semi sneak with an offset shoulder and lowered head...and with the ears back....take a look, http://www.mckenziesp.com/6400_series.asp sounds like thats what you are interested in...

im going to head to my taxidermist when the form comes in before he starts anything. i know thats the general idea i want, but i might have him do some modifying...just might have him modify the angle of the left turn, or lower the head a tad more...dont want it looking down with a droopy head, but i think slightly lowered will look awesome...just cant tell what angle its at based on the form pics...thats the one thing i love about my taxidermist...he loves to modify forms and is good at it...he will spend hours getting it just right...every time i am in there he is working on modifying a form...or like my trout i took him...the heads that fit my body measurements were all too small...so he chopped the head off the form and molded one out of my actual fish...heck, i would never known the head wasnt the right size lol...

Quick Reply: A day of ups and downs...What pose for my buck?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.