Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Speaking of TV shows

Old 01-25-2003, 08:03 AM
Fork Horn

Default Speaking of TV shows

In light of the previous thread.Did any of you catch the show the other night about the "do it yourself hunts".The show had a name similar to that but the whole deal was how you could go out west and hunt on your own.They were hunting mulies and on the third or fourth day he takes a nice buck.When he is doing his "what a nice buck ta da" the bucks mouth opens,not once but twice,then his back leg moves all the while he is holding the bucks head for the camera.Now I know it very well could have been muscle and nerves but no buck that I ever killed did that.I just couldn't believe they didn't edit that bit out and redo it.To the unknowing,that deer sure acted like it was still alive!Did anybody else cath this?Ron
Old 01-25-2003, 08:16 AM

Default RE: Speaking of TV shows

This has happened to me a few times and is something that you don't really like to see. In my case it was just nerves and the deer wasn't still alive or breathing. Now why they didn't edit that part out and redu it I don't know. Just bad taste in my mind.
BowElkDwn
Old 01-25-2003, 11:15 AM
CG

Yeah, I saw it too....Wasn't in very good taste....Looking at the eyes while he was holding his head, it was pretty obvious the deer was dead but the diaghram spasms trying to breath, it's a brain stem function....Don't necessarily think they should have edited but they sure should have made sure the twitch was out of him before they turned the camera back on.....

"What we do in this life echos an eternity"
Old 01-26-2003, 10:08 AM

I missed that show ! But did any of you guys see the Hunting Lease Magazine show (I'm pretty sure) a while back when the host shot a nice buck. He shot through the neck and out the opposite shoulder . He got out of the stand and immediately started tracking it and found it about 75 yrds laying abosolutely still & apparently dead. He didn't kick it or anything like you usually see and just went up and grabbed it's atlers to show the cameraman . When he did the buck jumped up almost trampled him ,scared the #@$*! out of the camerman and I even about jumped out of my skin. The deer ran about a 100 yrds then laid back down so they just sat there scared to death & videotaped him until he died a while later !! That was about the worst I've seen yet , but it furthered my belief to wait about an hour even on a good hit(much less a questionable hit)!!