Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who's going in with me?

Old 12-01-2007, 08:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Who's going in with me?

I'm in just as soon as my ship comes in. Since I live in Kansas I'm probably going to have to settle on a Jon Boat. [:@]Oh well, I'm happy. Maybe you should ask Ole Huckellberry he seems to have more cash than he needs.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:12 AM
Typical Buck

785 acres is pretty sweet and the location is sick, but for 500gs that other one is a steal. Where I live you can barely get into anything for 500. The most land you would have is a acre, and you would have a house that needs work, taxes would be 10,000 a year, and you could hear your neighbor flush the toilet. If I was closer to retirement I would seriously be thinking about it. Hopefully I'll be able to find something like that in 10 years.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

No I won't take any of your guys rubber checks . I wonder how much that property (or others in that area) will be worth 10 - 20 years from now.

We can lease the tillable land to pay the taxes (if the farmers agree to plant what we want of course). Then we just sit on it, enjoy some fine hunting in the meantime, sell it in 10 years and cash in our profits .
Old 12-01-2007, 11:44 AM
Typical Buck

How'd you like to live in that county and have no place to hunt! I hunted there over 10 years ago and at that time the locals were getting into fist fights with out-of-staters at the Walmart in Pittsfield.I don't blame them either!This is what hunting is coming to and sooner or laterhunting as weknow it will be a thing of thepast. At least I'll have some terrific stories to tell my grandchildren when they ask, "hunting, what was that?"!