Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My First bowkill

Old 11-30-2007, 05:43 AM
Spike

Default My First bowkill

Thought I would share a picture with you guys of my first bowkill. I purchased an old bow from a friend of mine it is a PSE mach 1. I cannot find much info on this bow, so if anyone has any info on it that would be great. Anywho onto the story, a co-worker and friend of mine took me out with him, he put me in a stand and he went to another stand about 300 yards away. (this was the first time i had went out deer hunting ever) Well after sitting there for about3 hours of seeing nothing but squirrels and wood peckers, I heard something moving behind me, I turned and looked and it was a buck about 50 yards away, my pulse rate instantly reached about 5000, I watched him hoping he would turn and come towards me, but he just kept his path and dissapeared into the trees behind me. I was pretty bummed, so I called my friend in the other stand and asked if he has seen anything, he said no, I told him I had just saw a nice buck but was too far to get a shot. He told me just to wait, he might circle around and come back. Sure enough about 10 minutes later I hear something behind me again I turn and look and there he is coming right at me, this time my pulse rate jumped to about 10000. I quietly grabbed my bow and waited, he kept coming in and stopped about 25 yards form my stand and i swear he looked up right at me, I thought to myself i'm busted, I didn't have my bow drawn or anything. Finally he started moving again got my bow drawn and waited until he got closer finally taking my shot when he was about 10ft away from the ladder of my stand, and here is the results:

Old 11-30-2007, 05:46 AM

Default RE: My First bowkill

Great buck!!! Man, that might spoil dude!!
Old 11-30-2007, 05:48 AM

Um......WOW. THAT........is one hell of a first bowkill!! Congrats man, that's like.....cool..!!

For the rest of you lurkers out there.......This is NOT the way to make friends w/ your first post...

Just kidding of course.....Congrats again man, welcome to the forums.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats!! Nothing like the 1st one

Dan
Old 11-30-2007, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's just plain sick and I vote we ban Lynn right from the get go. It can't be right to shoot a deer your FIRST time hunting never mind a corker like that.

This is serious business!! You just don't wander out into the woods with an old bow with mismatched arrows and BH's. and shoot a buck. You have to pay your dues with money to buy the "right" crap and you have to spend a ton of time setting up stands and practicing. Man O Man it just can't be right!!

Nice job Lynn. A few years ago I put a buddy up a tree with my old Darton SL50. I loaded him up with doubles of all my stuff and madesure he could hit a pie plate at 20yards ect. Well if he didn't have the nerve to shoot a little seven pt buck 2 hours into his first hunt. I personally think he should have just passed on it out of respect for me. Plus he still rubs my nose in it from time to time.

You now officially can talk BS with any group of hunters and have the buck to back you up. Way Cool bud!!Leave out the part about it being your first time in a tree. GEEZ...........
Old 11-30-2007, 06:39 AM
Fork Horn

Good for you man! Most spend many seasons trying to get on a bruiser like that. I commend your buddy for putting you in the right spot. I think you need to get him a very expensive Christmas present!!
Old 11-30-2007, 06:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

That is an absolute slammer! Many people hunt their whole lives w/out seeing a deer of that caliber, let alone having taken it w/ the bow for your first! Congrats. That is a serious buck!

Old 11-30-2007, 07:08 AM
Fork Horn

Great first buck!
Old 11-30-2007, 07:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Your kidding me right????????????[:-][8D][8D][8D] Thats a GREAT buck! Congrats on your first, thats a bruiser!!!! Way to go! Once again congrats and welcome aboard!
Old 11-30-2007, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

See...now that just ain't right.

LOL, just kidding...great deer, you got your work cut out for you now trying to top that stud! Congrats!

Quick Reply: My First bowkill

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.