Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Slick Trick Penetration is TOO good. So I'm looking for a new broadhead.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:16 AM

Default RE: Slick Trick Penetration is TOO good. So I'm looking for a new broadhead.

It is going to the deer, right through em. Im just telling you , if you have good blood trails and are finding your deer within a good range of where you shot, don't go changing anything.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Slick Trick Penetration is TOO good. So I'm looking for a new broadhead.

ORIGINAL: MeanV2
I would like to see a Slick Trick Ultra Mag with a 1 1/4" cut

Dan
How 'bout it Gary?? Slick Trick Ultra Mag 1 1/4" cut! That's a great idea!
Old 11-30-2007, 03:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

I would like to see a Slick Trick Ultra Mag with a 1 1/4" cut

Dan
How 'bout it Gary?? Slick Trick Ultra Mag 1 1/4" cut! That's a great idea!
Gary says no changes for 08, and I can understand that sincethe Slick Trick is close to the perfect Broadhead

Dan
Old 11-30-2007, 08:45 PM
Fork Horn

A Slick Trick Mag does more cutting than the Rage 2 blade. I guess you can use up some KE by opening a mechanical. I have killed several deer (+30) with mechanicals. You won't see me going back. I would like to see a Slick Trick Ultra Mag with a 1 1/4" cut

Dan
A ST will make a 1 1/8" hole, that is the size of the head. The Rage maks a 2"+ hole because when the Rage slides open it opens too almost 3" before going to its 2" position.

It cuts more because it has a third blade but it does NOT compare to the Rage when it comes to the hole size it makes.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:11 PM

Slick tricks are awesome, to switch heads because you get a passthrough every time is retarded? I like the rage ok but i love the tricks!!! They are mean little broadheads.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats all well and good, and I am not against switching heads for what ever reason you like. Just keep in mind that yes with good shots your arrows are sticking in the ground 4", but what about when you hit some solid bone? then you will be glad you have a head that balances cutting surface with penetration. I have come to the conclusion that for me personaly I like larger fixed blade heads, preferably with a cut on contact style point. I want to be sure I get 2 holes in every deer. It just makes for better tracking.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used the Muzzy 3 blade MX-4's this year and have been very happy--they are 1.25 inch wide. My bow doesn't shoot that fast and I have no idea about the KE, etc., but I do know those 100 grain 3 blade Muzzy MX 4's fly great and put a hell of a wound channel on the deer I hit and killed.