Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What will you do?

Old 11-28-2007, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What will you do?

Right after season (Christmas)might be my most important part of my upcoming/following season... shed hunting and scouting all the fresh sign laid in the snow. Decembers scouting being the most important..rut sign is still very fresh..travel routes and core hangouts get tracked up by deer...etc...

my top springturkey spots and bear hunting spots are all a product of shed hunting as well..
Old 11-28-2007, 09:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

I defnitely need to do a lot of scouting in some of the new to me areas I ventured into this fall.

Otherwise the rest of my off season is spent turkey hunting and fishing. I'll still shoot as well too. Both the compounds and trad bows.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:57 AM
Typical Buck

I will duck and goose hunt until the end of Jan. and then shed hunt feb. and march. I will start bowfishing at the end of march and that will take me to scouting and hanging stands for next year
Old 11-28-2007, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well indoor spots season starts in January here locally and I will be shooting in 2 different leagues, as well as an indoor 3D league as well. That will keep me occupied up until Spring. Spring time I will be shooting a LOT of 3D this year combined with turkey hunting as well, so I will be busy there up until it becomes time to start planting food plots again.........[8D]. By time those are done it will be time to hunt this year.

I also plan to buy a house in there somewhere, I think we have one picked out actually. That will occupy my time during the week I'm sure. I manage to keep pretty busy.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Deer season ends some time in february here in jersey, so ill be going at it strong for some time. After that, some turkey hunting in the spring and some bass fishing. Come june through september ill be working on my true passion, Big Game fishing. Ill spend roughly 30-35 days in St. Thomas chasing blue marlin and then come then end of august, first week in september ill spend some more time in Venezuela. Man i cant wait........

Old 11-28-2007, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I plan on shooting 3Ds and just practicing.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:20 AM

Fly fishing, a little trapping, then spring turkey hunting, more fishing, scouting, finding new stand locations...oh yeah, go to school.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will be scouting alot in January. Start bass fishing in the spring. Play as much poker as I can!