Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shafted by a BT dealer

Old 11-28-2007, 11:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Shafted by a BT dealer

they should have at least one left handed bow on hand all the time the shop i bought imy bow at had liek 20% leftys but they sold online
ORIGINAL: nodog

ORIGINAL: Jimimac

ORIGINAL: nodog

He shouldn't have to promise anything.
But the dealeralso shouldn't have to order a a left handed bowfor somebody that he may end up getting stuck with. Stuff like that happens all the time. It's a two way street.

True enough. Not something the customer should have to concern himself with though. The customer is paying top dollar for pleasure. We have to settle for whatever we can get when dealing with things we have to, like gas and tax's. This isn't one of them. Pure relaxation and enjoyment and we're will to pay for it. Stress and grief are what were trying to escape from at least I am.

My point was that I think Bowtec (not to single them out, they all should)can afford to supply it's dealers with whatever it takes for them to sell their product including demo's. The dealer shouldn't be stuck with the bill. If that was the case you can be sure they would be a whole lot pickier with whom they choose to represent them.

FWIW don't shop on ebay.

Old 11-28-2007, 12:00 PM

Thats an e-bay issue not really a BowTech issue.... I would conact E-bay
Old 11-28-2007, 12:04 PM

It is definitely not alright and I wish you luck in getting satisfaction.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Chronic

dude...you got your money back...and you still have a bow! FREE BOW right? use it and love it hahaha
No , I did not get my $ back. I waiting for a decission from Pay-pal.
And if I did get my money back , the bow WILL be returned to the shop.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Huntm Up

Yes, that's correct as far as the transaction goes , however the dealer did not represent the bow accurately. I don't expect bowtech to do anything but I think they should know what type of business practices a dealer does.
My beef IS NOT with Bowtech, but an employeeof Bowtech has volunteered to assist me.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:38 PM

This whole mess is horse crap. I hope you get it resolved and everything works out. As for the retards saying crap like "I don't feel sorry for you" and "buyer beware" get a clue. Since when is it the guys fault that got screwed on the deal? You can give me all the "he should have known better" excuses you want. The fact is he purchased a bow that was mis-advertised by a low life, how about a bit of support. It could have been any of us.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:40 PM
Fork Horn

^^^^^TOTALLY AGREE
Old 11-28-2007, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: archer58

ORIGINAL: Huntm Up

Yes, that's correct as far as the transaction goes , however the dealer did not represent the bow accurately. I don't expect bowtech to do anything but I think they should know what type of business practices a dealer does.
My beef IS NOT with Bowtech, but an employeeof Bowtech has volunteered to assist me.
Actually this is Bowtech's problem. Whether it be directly between this transaction or not. One of Bowtech's dealers made a false claim about their product. Clearly Bowtech needs to get involved. Distribution companies create map programs that drive out competition. These dealers are simply an extension of the company via a cost reduction distribution channel.

Same concept as small construction companies leasing their employees from a leasing agency to avoid paying Workers Comp.

After you clear out the red tape, and you remove the smoke and mirrors a salesman with a direct to manufacturer with min pricing etc... is an employee of said company. Just another way to save dollars by not having to roll out retail outlets.

I think accepting that a distributor of a company is actually an employee of the company is easier when you consider that there are no other channels to acquire the product. So how can they not be.

Tom
Old 11-28-2007, 01:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

he wil not get hi money back untill he shows the ow was returned when you send it back i would got o were ever you plan to show it and show thec ashier whats in it in case he says it was not the bow
ORIGINAL: archer58

ORIGINAL: Chronic

dude...you got your money back...and you still have a bow! FREE BOW right? use it and love it hahaha
No , I did not get my $ back. I waiting for a decission from Pay-pal.
And if I did get my money back , the bow WILL be returned to the shop.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:06 PM
Host of Hosts

Just heard from Bowtech and they prohibit sales on the internet.

Gene, you have a PM!