Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shafted by a BT dealer

Old 11-28-2007, 05:26 AM

Default RE: Shafted by a BT dealer

I feel bad for ya bud and I hope you get it worked out, but if you were dead set on buying thatmodel I'm sure that with a deposit, your local dealer would have been happy to get you the left handed model you need.

I canunderstand whythe localdealer wouldn't orderonefor you if all you could give him was a promise that you'd buy the bow if you liked the way it felt. He could have easily got stuck with a left handed bow that nobody wants.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: archer58

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Well being left handed you do have some problems. That said, dealers do carry left handed bows at times. Find another dealer. They can't carry them all. I will say your prospects of getting satisfaction are far better from a dealer that will order it than from a no name on Ebay. You screwed up... plain and simple. Don't be bashing BowTech dealers.
He IS a Bowtech dealer. I checked when I called to check the ser#.
And I'm sureNOT bashing Bowtech or any other dealer , just this one.
From wnere I'm sitting your not helping the company. The company is solely responsible for pickong who represents them and if they truely cared they would be a whole lot pickier. It's the same old same old. The company demands dealer participation, the dealer stinks and the company/supporters claim the company is not at fault, just the dealer. The advise, you need to waste a lot of time and money to find a good one. Not me. If the dealer is the face of the company, and it is, the company haslost a customer.

As a customer it really doesn't matter to me if I'm talking directly to the company or the dealer, (according to the rules I'm talking to one and the same).I'm paying for fun when it comes right down to it. Either I get it or I'm going somewhere else.

Can't say for sure, but I don't think Darton will let you down.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Jimimac

I canunderstand whythe localdealer wouldn't orderonefor you if all you could give him was a promise that you'd buy the bow if you liked the way it felt. He could have easily got stuck with a left handed bow that nobody wants.
He shouldn't have to promise anything. I believe the company was just sold for a healthy some. There's no reason they can't provide a little service. It would pay off. As it is they just bought some grief. How much does a bow cost them to produce anyways? They can't ship out some demo models?
Old 11-28-2007, 05:57 AM

ORIGINAL: nodog

He shouldn't have to promise anything.
But the dealeralso shouldn't have to order a a left handed bowfor somebody that he may end up getting stuck with. Stuff like that happens all the time. It's a two way street.

Old 11-28-2007, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

My mom just said if you paid for it by credit card call your credit card company, contest the charge, print out the auction and all your correspondence with the seller. They will send you a form asking the reason for the dispute, fill it out and enclose the papers that I just told you to print. Tell them seller refused to allow you to return it, and you should get your money. Don't mess with PayPal it will take forever. My mom said trust her she knows.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

The shop I frequent has many lefty bows available. Sounds like you got a sub-par shop if they won't even order one for you. I don't have a ton of sympathy for you using e-bay to buy it, I just don't trust it, but at the same time, you still got mislead by the ad.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

My friends are shop owners and they said that Bowtech specifically told them they COULD NOT sell those bows on Ebay otherwise they'd pull their contract. Now, I don't know if that just means new bows or previous year's bows as well. This might be the reason you got an '06 bow. [&:]

Definitely call or write Bowtech and let them know what's going on. If you can, print out that ad and send it along with the letter to Bowtech. You may be able to hit that guy where it hurts; no more Bowtech contract.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

i have been on both ends of a dispute in paypal they will do you right i once sold a xbox when the guy got it he told me it did not work i said ok i would send him his money abck the day i got it back well no i can get it fixed here cheaper if you willgive me halfmy money back i said nosp it back i will refund your money

paypal said since it wa damaged when he got it i had to refund it i said ok but he would not re ship it to me and he told me he took it a acomputer store andthey took it apart and couldsee where it was broke before he ever called me for a refund when he did not return it they wold not give im his money back so if you do get the chance to get your money back send the bow when they tell you to and rack and insure it
Old 11-28-2007, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think eBay takes a bad rap on this. Yes, there are some bad apples on eBay, but there are just as many out in the "brick and mortar" shops. If you had bought this at the shop and stepped outside the door with the bow, you would be in the same boat. I think Bowtech is not to blame for this. Yes, they are responsible for who they pick for dealers, but you can't always spot the good from the bad. The only way I would blame Bowtech is if they do not take action to correct this (i.e. pull the dealership or some similar action).
Old 11-28-2007, 07:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

your right gundeck but people are more likely to sell something that ant what there selling when your hundreds of miles away just like someone might call you a no good son of a b*itch f the phone but when you come knocking on there door it is a different story

Quick Reply: Shafted by a BT dealer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.