Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Needing some help

Old 11-27-2007, 08:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default Needing some help

I've been spending more time then I ever have in a hunting stand this year and am kind of fustrated in the deer that I have been seeing. I hunt private land that has plenty of deer and we've seen plenty of huge bucks either four wheeler riding or doing something else. But when it comes to hunting all I see are young un mature bucks (spike, 4, or 6 points). I rattle, bleat, grunt everything and it seems that all of these are uneffective.I set my stand up around a good trail, with scrapes and rubs.. What gives??? what can I do that will give me a better chance at a mature deer?? Can you do the following calls to much that it will throw off mature deer? not enough?

thanks guys
Old 11-27-2007, 08:19 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Needing some help

Are you doing all this Blind? to much grunting, rattling, calling can for sure scare off larger bucks
Old 11-27-2007, 08:37 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-28-2007, 04:59 AM
Fork Horn

yep i do this to try to bring one my way... to much??? i mean i thought the purpose of rattling was to bring in a buck??
Old 11-28-2007, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, you can call and rattle too much. So much that you actually scare away the deer. Besides if you're busy calling/rattling all the time you may never see the big boy that slipped in...usually downwind of you. They're sneakyold buzzards. They'll get to where they can see you but you might not see them. So, I believe the average wait time between calling rattling sequences is about 30 minutes...give or take. If there's a lot of shooting in your area, try going deeper. The does may be bedded in the thick crap, especially if they're still trying to stay away from the guys with the icepicks on their heads.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

ttt