Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Did you ever have a spot that went completely cold?

Old 11-27-2007, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Did you ever have a spot that went completely cold?

One spot over on the other side of the farm was excellent. On the firstday of archery season, I saw 14 deer the first morning and evening. Every 30-60 minutes I had activity. There was a house being built (only footing dug) about 150 yards from my stand. Once the framing started the spot shut down, no deer. I figured they would just come at different times so I put a trail cam in again and no deer for weeks, constant hammering and noise must have caused this. At the same time about 200 yards away a neighbor put up a fence and got some yappy dogs, they bark when everI get 100 yards from the fence.After 2 months and no pictures on the cam I pulled the stand all together. I had high hopes for that spot.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Did you ever have a spot that went completely cold?

Some of my BEST spots at certain times of the season will be completely cold at other times throughout the season. Where I hunt in Sept. is completely different from where I hunt, now.....and I hunt relatively small parcels.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:58 AM
Fork Horn

Had two go cold,one I cut bunch of limbs out of a Cedar Tree,I think that run them out of the area.Then put Fertilizer on fields didn't work it in,think they didn't like getting it in their nose.

big rockpile
Old 11-27-2007, 10:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yea I had a house go up in one of my spots this year. Went from 25-30 deer in the field every evening to maybe seeing 1-2 deep in the woods. Nothing in the fields during daylight hours. They were still there as evidenced from the fresh tracks & droppings, just not moving during light.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Many times!!
Old 11-27-2007, 11:07 AM
Typical Buck

I have spots that most people would give up on because you hardly ever see anything, but they kind of dothe opposite and "warm up". So my spots, like the ones you are talking about that go cold do go cold, I move to the spots that I usually dont see anything because I believe deer have seasonal patterns that are freaking hard to figure out.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:42 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-27-2007, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Every year, my best spot goes dead by the end of the second day of shotgun season. It was awesome during bow season, but they are all nocturnal now. I still see them in the field at night, but nothing during daylight.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes and no. My good spots will go cold but then heat up again. It depends on way to many factors for me to try to figure out.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:53 PM
Site Buck Guru

Yes, especially after I've been busted a couple of times!

Quick Reply: Did you ever have a spot that went completely cold?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.