Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do you carry in?

Old 11-23-2007, 11:41 AM
Fork Horn

Default What do you carry in?

For those o fyou who use climber stands and have to haul them in and out,
What do youtake into the woods with you, other than the obvious bow and arrows, safet/harnass system and rope?
Old 11-23-2007, 11:45 AM

Default RE: What do you carry in?

Whatever I can fit in my fanny pack. A bottle or 2 of water, small snacks....breath spray, windicator, tags, extra gloves, extra headcover.....Just the necessities...

And I've got my binos around my neck.....
Old 11-23-2007, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

a knife , a bottle of water , something to snack on,rubber gloves , tags ,pen,hoist rope,gloves,bow hook ,in the cold weather a thick hat,
it depends how long i am going to be there . if its a few hours I'll fut that in a Fanny pack. If its a all day I'll bring a back pack with other stuff like a rain poncho ,sandwich,
gps, phone, radio if I'm with someone hunting, and toilet paper. there are probably other stuff i just can't think of what . I strap the back pack to the climber and go hunting
Old 11-23-2007, 12:07 PM
Dominant Buck

A haul line.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just a fanny pack, not stuffed. I have a knife, tags/license, 10' length of rope, fire-kit, compass, screw-in bow/gear holder, a call or two, and extra gloves if it's chilly out.
Pretty much just necessities. I also bring a little food if I'm going to be out for more than a few hours.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:15 PM
Fork Horn

i carry in my license, knife, tags, water, snacks, gear hooks, pull up rope, safety harness, cold weather gear if its cold, calls and a ratchet strap.the strap i use to secure my bottom platform to the tree so i know it is not going to fall on me if i step wrong. it makes me feel safer personally. and i also carry my camera just incase things get slow.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

i use a ladder stand but i carry my 1/2 gallonwater bottle knife snack scent so on and a pee bottle that if un used i leave at the stand

three hunts ago when i had a deer run up to me 20 feet out and i had to many thing ti sit down i started to use a 5 gallon bucket
now all i haev in my hands are my bow and a bucket handle
Old 11-23-2007, 09:18 PM
Fork Horn

i carry light, knife, grunt, and sent.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:29 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-24-2007, 05:52 AM
Typical Buck

Nice job with the harness Drop! I have an overstuffed fanny pack. Grunt, can, knife, license, scent bomb, scent spray, gear hook, bow holder, flashlite,mini-binos, range finder, mouth spray, scent killer spray. And in my pockets I have my gloves, hats, and face shield. On my climber I have my haul rope. Thats a lot of crap!

Quick Reply: What do you carry in?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.