Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The long trip to Illinois paid off this year

Old 11-21-2007, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The long trip to Illinois paid off this year

Awesome Deer!
Feel free to put me on a 10 any time!!! No really I'll do whatever you tell me [8D]
Old 11-21-2007, 03:00 PM
Typical Buck

Great Bucks! No way I'd let the 8 walk if that was going through your mind. The 8 looks 135-ish, the 10 looks 160-ish. Put a tape to them and let us know how you come out.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your IL trip!
Old 11-21-2007, 06:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you tell me you were hunting in So. IL from Nov 3rd through the 11th and you drive a big white pick up with Georgia license plates I'm gonna break down in tears..........
(Inside joke,Greg and Ihad a little competition on public land the last 2 yrs from the same guys I described)

Congrats on the great bucks!! (unless you're the guys from GA ) and Greg, you're fired again!!![:-]
Old 11-21-2007, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

HOLY FISH!!!!!

THOSE ARE HUUUUUUUGE!!!!
Old 11-21-2007, 07:12 PM
Dominant Buck

He's a beast. Congrats on a great deer.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Those are 2 nice bucks from any state!! Congrats!!
Old 11-21-2007, 07:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

If you tell me you were hunting in So. IL from Nov 3rd through the 11th and you drive a big white pick up with Georgia license plates I'm gonna break down in tears..........
(Inside joke,Greg and Ihad a little competition on public land the last 2 yrs from the same guys I described)

Congrats on the great bucks!! (unless you're the guys from GA ) and Greg, you're fired again!!![:-]
Not me Matt, im from NC. How'd your trip go? I saw a doe you got but if you got a buck i missed seeing it. I was thinking the 10 is 145 -150 but don't have a flexible tape to do it correctly right this minute.

Forgot to add: Slick Tricks Rock!!! First time using them up there and im a believer.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not me Matt, im from NC. How'd your trip go? I saw a doe you got but if you got a buck i missed seeing it
Thanks for asking,
We just didn't see any good bucks on their feet except for the first night and by the time he walked by I couldn't see my hand in front of my face and my arrow was in the quiver.A decent numberof young deer and that was pretty much it. We're getting some pressure from duck hunters building crap on the main farm, and now some other out of state bowhunters and I think it's taking a toll on the good deer.
Either that or like I said I need fire Greg as a guide.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:34 PM

I got some awesome video of the 10 just after a rain and he shakes all the water off of him and shakes his head back and forth about 6 times. I haven't been able to figure out how to upload the video onto my computer yet, it's a small dvd and my computer won't recognize the dvd but if i get it uploaded i'll share it cause it is really neat watching him shake the water off.

Quick Reply: The long trip to Illinois paid off this year

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.