Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anybody got "that feeling"?

Old 11-21-2007, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anybody got "that feeling"?

ORIGINAL: SCBigBuckHunter

ORIGINAL: NCRemington700

Yeah I have the feeling. I'm hunting one of my honey holes this evening. Tomorrow I'm heading to my 50 acre farm in SC that doesn't get hunted by anyone but me, and that's only a few times a year. There's been an 11 point spotted in there by my cousins. Hopefully he'll show up by Sunday.

Hey NC, you don't need to deprive the land from it being hunted so infrequently. Give a brother a call, its only an hour from me.
I knew you would respond to this one if you saw it!!
Old 11-21-2007, 03:21 PM
Typical Buck

i get the feeling that i, too, will eat more food than is necessary for a big ol blackangus! but hopefully when the alarm awakes the beast inside tomorrow morning, that "feeling" will arise! i had that feeling a week ago when i arrowed a big 160" 11! my year is complete with my fiance also connecting last weekend, but i am still out after another one!! good luck fellas!!
Old 11-21-2007, 03:25 PM

Did you guys know that the average plate at Thanksgiving (not including seconds) is 4700 calories?
That should give you some kind of feeling.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm tagged out, no seasons open this weekend. The orange army comes out Monday for two weeks. Best of luck PA boys taking your bows out, I know how it is. Keep your heads down.[&:]
Old 11-21-2007, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

There's still time. Until yesterday I hadn't seen a deer for 2 weeks, it seemed like they all turned into vampires. Yesterday and today deer are everywhere again (does only) I'm hopeful cuz I killed a nice buck 2 years ago 2 days after Thanksgiving. After this weekend does are fair game again. Any "un******ed ladies will be shot!" ethically of course
Old 11-21-2007, 05:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have a good feeling for the next few days. Thurs-Sun.

Whether it be with a bow or a gun, me or one of my friends will probably put something on the ground. I'm taking people with me this year to all my best spots, to just kinda, enjoy the expierences. I found a REALLY good spot on public land I'm pumped to hunt Friday. I took my trail camera up there today and scouted a little bit, and they are using it heavily.

I'll be hunting my house Thurs, Sat, and maybe Sunday. Sunday is still up for grabs though. Last year, I took my buck on Nov. 24. The day after Thanksgiving, it was with a Muzzleloader. So in years past this week has been a magical week for me.

I'm hoping to head up to Jeff's, sometime soon and maybe take a doe, it'll be a few weeks though. So hopefully I'll take another deer before it's over.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

even though im done hunting it should be a good weekend. On my way to work in the evenings im seeing alot of deer moving, and with the cold front it should really get them moving. I have even entertained getting another Doe tag just to get out there and hunt archery style with the Orange army
Old 11-21-2007, 06:01 PM
Spike

I have a really good feeling about this weekend. Haven't had a good feeling yet this season, and i have only seen 5 while in the stand. First really cold weekend here, supposed to be in the 40s. Ill be out in it all day saturday and most of sunday morning. Hopefully ill see some action.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I said I had the feeling today and I was right. I had a nice 8 pt come in just before dark.He actually came in TOO close to me. I didn't like the angle of the shot, I didn't want a one lung or a spine shot,and once he was walking off, he wanted nothing to do with me grunting and snort wheezing at him. I let him walk.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:17 PM

I have got a good feeling about thanksgiving morning!

Quick Reply: Anybody got "that feeling"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.