Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bow for defense

Old 11-23-2007, 06:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: bow for defense

Thats a real messed up question, but a arrow is more deadly than a bullet anyday. I have a small house and the guns sleep with me in the same room. i dont know why anyone would want to rob me though i dont have much.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:01 AM

First line of defense. Labrador. He'll lick you to death but barks real good when someone comes up the driveway. No one is going to mess around myhouse without me knowing about it. Once I know about it, the .45 and the phone are both close by. God help the guy who tries to break in on me and my family.

Bow? No way.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:15 AM
Fork Horn

The only way an intruder might get me inside my home, is only if I take too long deciding which gun to grab. I've got three within 5 feet of me in the bedroom. Most likely, he's gonna get some 12GA #4, 3"mag buck in any extremety I happen to have a shot at.

Bow as a self defense weapon? Only if I thought I could get at least one clean shot at him before he opened up, or I might throw it at him and take my chances hand to hand.

Old 11-23-2007, 08:54 AM

No way to the bow. I sleep with a Sig P226 loaded with .40 calS&W Hornady 180g TAP Personal Defense ammo within 3' of me. Ialso make it a point to hit the range once a month (even if it's just with my .22L semi-autopistol)to keep my skills up (plus I do a fewtactical drills every now and then). I even have my wife run a few rounds throughthe Sig every now and then........as Itend to be away on two or threebusiness trips each month.In the time that it would take me to get at my bow,I couldget at aRem 870 12g and load it up with a few 3" 00-buckshot.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:06 AM
Site Buck Guru

I prefer the gattling bow, it fires a whole quiver of arrows in 1.7 seconds! [:-]

Actually, I'd probably use the bow as a club.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:26 AM

GregH--that is exactly what I was thinking
Old 11-23-2007, 10:36 AM
Fork Horn

My father has a crossbow pistol. Its quiet, quick and easy to reload (although you shoot well enough you only need one). But the best thing is that it won't go through the wall and into a neighbors house.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's important to remember to make the "maaa" sound to stop him before you shoot . . . [8D]
Old 11-23-2007, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

a true story:

aMan is in his Bedroom getting ready for bed.

he hears someone enter his house and start milling around on the 1st floor(bedroom upstairs).

Man quietly grabs his Pistol from the nightstand. then proceedes to creep downstairs.

he confronts the burgler at Gunpoint...the burgler has a knife...one thing leads to another and the burgler gets shot..

burgler is seriousely wounded but lives ... the burgeler presscharges...against homeowner.

during court The prossecuter asks the homeowner if he had a phone in his bedroom? homeowner answers yes.

prosecuter asks if he had a lock on his bedroom door? homeowner answers yes.

prosector asks why didnt you lock your bedroom door and call the Police from your bedroom phone....i'm not sure of the exact reply here but....

the way things played out the man got charged with something a little less than attempted Murder....be carefull what you do...if you do decide to take action shoot to kill(if youhave six shots use them all....if you have 9-15 use most of them.)
Old 11-23-2007, 12:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DaveH

It's important to remember to make the "maaa" sound to stop him before you shoot . . . [8D]
absolutely HILARIOUS!!!

Quick Reply: bow for defense

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.