Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shame on me

Old 11-21-2007, 05:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Shame on me

As you all know my 1st day in a new stand location I had a 170" deer come by but due to no good shot opportunities on him I had to pass. No good shot opportunities was because of my lack of preparation of shooting lanes. Well the same buck decided to pay me a visit in a different stand location that I had never sat in before and this time I was ready. Good shooting lanes were made and the buck stopped right in the middle of one of them. I estimated him to be 30 plus yards out settled my pin on his vitals and let the arrow fly. Yup you guessed it right over his back doing nothing more than giving him a good haircut. That is one educated buck now due to my lack of ability to judge distance. It doesnt' pay to be a cheapskate and not buy a rangefinder. I can at least say I got a good opportunity at taking this majestic beast but it just doesn't seem to ease the pain of missing him. One good thing though I didn't hit him high and have him run off and die a painful death from infection. I am very happy about that. So fellas it is back to the timber for me and as of now my standards have been lowered just slightly due to the fact that the season is getting short. Sorry so long but just wanted to let you guys know he did show back up but in a different stand location.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Shame on me

So you givin up on him?

No chance you'll see him, again???
Old 11-21-2007, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

You may want to go back to the stand you seen him first.You never know he may come visit again.GOOD LUCK!!!!
Old 11-21-2007, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

No I haven't giving up on taking him but shotgun season is just around the corner and all. I have set up in a awesome spot now that the first morning I had 9 deer 2 of which were bucks were seen. Am hoping his pattern has changed a little and he decided to search for does on the other side of the property. Wish me luck.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Luck with that....hope the early antlerless season doesnt screw with your chances. Bag that beast!