Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

taged out do you go back in

Old 11-21-2007, 04:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: taged out do you go back in

Don't get me wrong, I do love sitting perched up in a tree, but if I am tagged out you won't find me sitting there with a camera. There is far too many other interests I have that I could get to do. Fall turkey & small game to be specific. Back whenI first got out of school and would tag out early(lower bag limits & I shotthe 1st buck to come by) I got to do a LOTof small gaming, and I probably saw more cool things during those times than during any other.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:30 AM
Fork Horn

Go out and sit. I sit year around anyway, every chance I get.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:38 AM
Typical Buck

Duck Hunting, or manage the Yote population
Old 11-21-2007, 07:03 AM

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Um, I wouldnt just sit a property if I was tagged out already. I wouldnt want to put undue pressure on the deer herd. If you want to see whats out there, set up a few trail cameras over GOOD bait, food plot and/or scrapes.

However, I had unlimited Doe tags here in NJ and many different seasons(early bow, permit bow, winter bow, all of teh guns seasons)so, I would just concentrate on shooting does with minimal pressure on the herd.

Its all about keeping those deer stressfree. Stress is a MAJOR factor in a bucks growth !! or lack thereof
Well I always thought the key was not to let them know your there.....lmao. If you think stress on a hardened antler deer will effect his growth for next year you are poorly mistaken. Not counting injury or poor nutrition. If that is the case how do you account for the huge urban whitetails popping up, they no doubt are pressured by humans regularly.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

do you go in sit there with camare shoot me pics try to improve your calling or just go to injoy the fact your out there
OR? To me it is AND....and that makes it a simple choice for me.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:14 AM
Dominant Buck

USAF.....what you consider "pressure" to an urban deer may not be pressure to THEM. The sight of a human or the presence of some human scent won't affect these deer like a big woods deer. I will say that urban deer seem to pattern US a LOT BETTER than we pattern them.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:24 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

USAF.....what you consider "pressure" to an urban deer may not be pressure to THEM. The sight of a human or the presence of some human scent won't affect these deer like a big woods deer. I will say that urban deer seem to pattern US a LOT BETTER than we pattern them.
Thats what I was getting at. Pressure in hunting season doesn't affect antler growth next year. Now a long harsh winter that runs into spring will.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Nope, I go out and shoot hogs.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm tagged out on whitetail bucks so I'll travel for a Mule deer this week. I'll also take a couple of trips to get a doe or two. And I will certainly be hog hunting. No camera in my hands until something is on the ground dead!