Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

my IL Buck on Public Ground

Old 11-20-2007, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: my IL Buck on Public Ground

ORIGINAL: mobow

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Awesome, Mike... simply awesome!

I decided to kill some time at the barber shop here and go get my laptop and put in my Sprint air card and see what was new on HNI... I'm glad I did! I enjoyed your story tremendously!
Greg, you're like 1 big, walking commercial.....

You remind me of Jeff Gordon.....

"Well, the Dupont, Pepsi, GoodYear Chevrolet Monte Carlo ran good today."
Lol Mobo, have you seen Larry the cable guys take on that....
Old 11-20-2007, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL u guys kill me!

BTW - now I can still say that I got MoBow'd this year
Old 11-20-2007, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great buck HAZCON7. Congrats both on the buck and the shot execution.

I do have a question in statement form for anyone who wants to respond to it though... and I'm not knocking Hazcon7 at all. If he has enough confidence and skill to make thatbuck spray the forest red, he's obvioiuslymore than competent. Good for him and his freezer.The only nightstick you'll see me pull out is to beat the guy who purposely takes a head shot,gut shot,or shoots a deer he doesn't have a tag for.

Anyway, usually when shots like this are taken,alot of peoplegets all righteous and start busting out their nightsticks. Where are all the super ethics police now? Maybe they haven't seen this yet?

Shouldn't they have already been asking questions like "do you think that being army trained means the deer are less likely to move at the last moment and mess up your 2 inch kill zone?" Is the lack of attack due to key members already posting and not questioning the shot? Is it because Hazcon7 says he can drive nails so in their minds that makes it alright? Is it because his post count is high enough?Is it because it was a nice and recovered buck? What if it wasn't recovered? Would that change the types of responses? And if so, why would it or should it change? If those super ethics police frown on this type of shot, shouldn't they be here frowning regardless if the deer was recovered or not?

Old 11-20-2007, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think its because they haven't read it yet although I'm quite happy not to have the argument here.

Over the years I've considered bringing up the subject of this particular shot but felt it better not to open the door on that one. To be honest, I considered not entering the buck in the bow contest so I didn't have to show the picture and endure the critics -but know what... I'm proud of this buck and would make this shot again! Besides, this forum is for fun and education so perhaps in another thread at another time I'll start the debate on the subject myself.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

nice buck
Old 11-20-2007, 05:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

LOL... Actually, Mobow... I absolutely HATE Sprint and their service around here... I just typed that real fast because that's what all my co-workers in my district call them. I mean, they're right; that's what they are... so I've just picked up on it.

Believe me, I would never knowingly advertise for Sprint.

Congrats again, Mike.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Greg
Old 11-20-2007, 06:18 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your buck.

Tim
Old 11-20-2007, 06:44 PM

Great!! Now I have to move to another state and get a whole new identity because you posted my face on the internet and blew the witness protection thing. J/K
Guys, I hammered on Mike the first time he took this shot years ago.... until we followed thewide blood trail all of 30 yds to his deer. It's nota shot I would take, but Mike is a better archer than me.
One thing y'all should know about Mike is thatthe first year we hunted together (years ago) he lost two deerin the learning process. Since then, he has never taken a shot he wasn't 100% confident in and has not lost a SINGLE deer he pulled his release on. I wish I could say the same.
Great story Mike....... Makes me wanna load up and head back right now.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:58 PM

Mike,
That story was worth waiting for. Supurb job.
I know you wouldn't take a shot like that if you were not comfortable with it. Big Congrats again. I'm glad you like me too.

Quick Reply: my IL Buck on Public Ground

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.