Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does this bother anybody or is it just me?

Old 11-20-2007, 06:04 PM
Spike

Default RE: Does this bother anybody or is it just me?

I agree that some of the shows are a little put on so to speak. I think it is great that there are so many Hunting shows on T.V. It certianly helps to mainstream our outdoors passion. Most of them put hunting into a good light. I am certian that there are a lot of kids that are from non hunting families that get intothe sport from seeing it on tv. I do wish that more of the shows were not about selling you something but I guess they have got to "pay the bills" too. I think primos is and outstanding progrram. I also think Deer and Deerhunting TV is great. Ted Nugent is a riot. He is a very Loud voice to promote hunting and our right to do so.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes very annoying! My favorite hunting show has to be Canada In The Rough!!!

Mat
Old 11-20-2007, 08:20 PM

I too have to agree with most of you. I think the thing that I cringe over is the fake deer recovery.

But on the positive side, the one thing that I absolutely love and wish all the shows would incorporate is the shot placement icon that the Archer's Choice uses. There have been numerous shows that Ive watched and thought aloud...man he was too far back! Only to be left in the dark as to where the shot had actually occured (by the show's design).
Old 11-20-2007, 08:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

If it's too obvious, it sucks...but cut aways are necessary to tell a story but it has to be done 100% professional or it just looks stupid...

take a Drury production....after the guy shoots the buck....all of a sudden there was a silver cell phone laying in a V of the tree behind him, wasn't there when he shot it but it's there when he's drawing his bow, and not there when shooting and then bam, it's back for the post shot interview but wait, it's open, then it's not...very poorly done...LOL

But Cut aways are necessary....with one camera man, HE MUST GET THE SHOT, all else can be faked, BUT it has to be done right.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:21 AM
Typical Buck

I disagree, cutaways are not a necessity.........you can tell the story w/o using cutaways........they were invented by some bored editors that wanted to make their productions more Hollywood so they told their field producers to start shooting some really wild camera angles of the hunter and replay the shot.........in my opinion no cutaway can be done professionally, you will always be able to tell it was not shot in the normal flow of events.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Do you think it's odd that they show hits and always make a recovery, but they also show misses. Now are you telling me that they either always make a good hit or they miss completely?

Also I can't stand some of the antics after they shoot. These guys have killed a lot of deer. I know it's exciting, but they act like it's the first deer they ever killed. You can be excited and not act like a fool.

Also I don't need to see the guy bowhunting put his release on or the gun hunter take his gun off safety.