Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you rather????

Old 11-19-2007, 09:11 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Would you rather????

I'm not angling for anything....just curious. I will be hopefully hunting whitetails in PA and KS next year (more for the social aspects than pure hunting), but I was wondering.....

Would you rather:

1) Take a big buck each year(or every couple) from a different state

or

2) Consistently take a quality buck from YOUR woods?

Why?

Old 11-19-2007, 09:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Would you rather????

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I'm not angling for anything....just curious. I will be hopefully hunting whitetails in PA and KS next year (more for the social aspects than pure hunting), but I was wondering.....

Would you rather:

or

Why?

I'd say #2 for me being its cheaper to hunt in my own woods. My finances haven't allowed me to go out of state like alot of you people do on here.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have more invested emotionally in "my woods". All the work and sweat involved makes me savor any bow kill I get each year in the woods I hunt. If I travelled to a different state and hunted with a guide or a friend telling me where to hunt, then I would begin to question whether my skills were good enough or not..I don't want to have to rely on someone else's work to put me on good deer, I want to work hard and do it myself. That being said, if any of you would like to invite me out to hunt your unpressured farms next year.......I WOULD SAY YES in a second
Old 11-19-2007, 09:34 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Would you rather:

or

Why?

I would take number 1, maybe not a different state, but from a differentpiece of landevery year. One thing I loathe is sitting in the same tree or woods day after day. I love seeing different surroundings, hunt different sign, different deer. Have some options.

To me thats hunting.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good question. I think trying too hard to get “my woods” buck, may have cost me a buck completely this season. The deer sign and action was much better out of state, but I kept trying to make something happen in my familiar lands, even though they weren’t producing. I think next season my priorities will change to taking a good buck wherever I find gives me the best chance at doing so. Most likely it will be my home spots, but we’ll see how things shape up next season. Whether it is home or abroad, I will have invested work into it either way.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Good question. I think trying too hard to get “my woods” buck, may have cost me a buck completely this season. The deer sign and action was much better out of state, but I kept trying to make something happen in my familiar lands, even though they weren’t producing. I think next season my priorities will change to taking a good buck wherever I find gives me the best chance at doing so. Most likely it will be my home spots, but we’ll see how things shape up next season. Whether it is home or abroad, I will have invested work into it either way.
man do I agree with that, LOL
Old 11-19-2007, 09:45 AM
Dominant Buck

I know what you guys are saying......but if you don't take a good buck out of your woods......don't "they" "win"? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

yes they do, LOL

That is why I play the game Dec is coming, not over yet[8D]
Old 11-19-2007, 10:00 AM
Dominant Buck

Id go with quality from my land. Im into it for the meat. I like big bucks, but my ultamite goal is to put meat in the freezer. Also, im to much of a tight wad to be paying for out of state tags.

Or I look at it this way; The grass is not always greener on the other side of the cesspool.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:04 AM

I would rather take one locally. Not necessarily MY WOODS, but I plan on doing more work in the offseason and finding some new ground. Payed off this year...

Not that I don't wantto hunt out of state, but when I factor in the cost and convenience....I would rather do it from here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.