Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you rather????

Old 11-19-2007, 03:57 PM

Default RE: Would you rather????

well considering i am only 14 i cant really do #1 but for a family vacation this next year in 08 season we are going up to ohio to hunt with my family, but i dont have a "my woods" like for Ex. i hunted public land up at my uncles this weekend, then this week i might go to some one i know who has land then i will hunt with my coach then back up to my uncles, so where whenever i get the chance to hunt any woods i do whether public or private, but private is better.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have thought about this for several years and this usually how it goes- I research several states on the net searching for whitetails, pronghorns, mulies, etc etc

Then I talk myself into going on some new adventure -

Eventually I think about it enough a my goal is a P/Y whitetail in my home state -FIRST
If I went somewhere else it would be small to start with: hogs, javelina, and turkeys -
Something I have considered for several years is a whitetail hunt in Alabama- since their rut hits in Jan after our season is closed - at this point- I would not pay three or four grand for a whitetail as i get the satisfaction from any mature whitetail regardless of what he scores
Old 11-19-2007, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

While I have dreamed of going on a outfitted hunt with a few close friends, I'd still have to say that I pick option 2. In the last year, I have "gotten to know" my deer better. Spending more time and money on their overall health and my hunting season. It's a little bit rough being the main section is only 186 acres. Trespassing and trigger happy neighbors, make for difficult managing but I still love it. I hunt a few other patches that are availible to myself and a few others. I would much rather harvest a quality buck that I know than a monster that I was introduced to the day before. That said, I still look forward to the day that I get to go on a such hunt.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:06 PM

LMAO....this is just too dang funny.....I didn't read anywhere that guided hunts are a bad thing, and if someone hunts and kills a big deer that way it somehow makes them any less than anyone else....

All our good friend is asking here is which way would bring an individual more satisfaction....Locating the deer, hanging your own stand, planning your own hunt and shooting the deer.....OR......hunting out of state, on ground you aren't familiar with, sitting where you're told and shooting your deer......

Maybe it can't be understood by those of us that have never done so....Maybe that's why he's asking.......I'm quite sure there is no "agenda" in a conversational question....

I know...for me.......I would rather locate, hang my own stand, and shoot the deer than sit where someone tells me.....But that doesn't mean I wouldn't do it.....
Old 11-19-2007, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess its all matter of perspective Mo.Ive been bow hunting all aound my same area in MD for 26 years, maybe my situation would be different if thatwas thrown into the equasion for others. Ive taken lots of nice bucks. For myself, in my situation, at this time in my life I would like to experience hunting in some other states, I just think that would be incredible to see the sun rise and set in Kansas, Iowa, Wyoming, Texas, Kentucky...... I will continue to bow hunt in MD God willing, but my answer stands, I'd like to get out and see some of this womnderful country from a tree stand in other states. If I never get to see some of those sun rises I will forever regret it looking back.